Chapter 24: Longing

Sasha POV:

I can’t wait for our date. I’m so happy I could explode. I do feel bad for Mina and Mikasa though. I wonder how they’ll handle it.

I was sitting next to Mikasa. I wanted to tell her but was kinda scared. Classes passed by in a breeze. Soon school had ended. I ran home as fast as I could. 

To say I was too excited was an understatement. I have to get ready. I have to do everything I can to impress him. I felt my phone vibrate. He wanted to meet up at eight. I said it was fine and ran my ass home.

Mikasa POV:

I was looking for Eren. Annie had told me something before I left the building and I needed to confirm it. Eventually I found him and ran up to him. “Eren… come on.” I grabbed onto his arm.

“Woah Mikasa, what’s up?” He looked at me curiously.

“Are you dating Sasha?” He flushed red. It irritated me. He’s not right?

“I-I guess… yeah.” I felt a horrible sensation in my chest. It wasn’t what I felt when I saw him with someone else, jealousy as Sasha had called it, it was much, much worse. Why? He was supposed to be mine. I felt myself tear up.

“Why… Why her and not me?” My voice was quiet.

“I can’t really answer that. I’m not really sure why I like her to be honest.” The horrible sensation had gotten worse. How is she better than me? 

“Oh… ok.” I had started to walk off before he grabbed my hand. My heart jumped.

“Are you gonna be ok Mika?” I hadn’t heard the nickname in a while. I almost smiled but the terrible feeling in my chest wouldn’t allow me to. I nodded my head and walked home. Once I got there I went straight to my room and threw myself on my bed. I just laid there no tears came out of my eyes like I thought they would. This is the second time I’ve felt empty. Eren… I need you.

I got up and grabbed his hoodie, I rarely wore it to preserve his scent. I hugged it and sat back on my bed, allowing his scent to overwhelm me. Eventually I fell asleep. I had a dream that I recognized all too well. 

He was walking away into a brightening light. I shot up. It was now that I started crying. I was sobbing all over his hoodie. My nose was filled with his smell. Eren… you feel so far away. I miss you.

Annie POV:

I refuse to cry over you Jaeger. I will make you mine, I’ll show you that I’m the one for you. I had gotten out of the shower and put on his hoodie. I had worn it so much that the scent was fading but it still felt like his. It reminded me of the day we got back from the job with Kenny. I want him to hold me like that again. I want him to express himself with me. I’m the only one who actually understands what he’s been through.

Eren POV:

I went over to Mina’s before heading home. I remember seeing the tears form in her eyes after I told her. I feel terrible. I shook the feeling away. I was looking forward to the date with Sasha. I texted her to pass the time, eventually it had passed seven so I went to get ready. After taking a shower I went to look in my closet.

I grabbed a thin light pink hoodie, a black denim jacket, black pants and light pink vans. I put it all on, the hoodie under the denim jacket. I checked my phone. It’s nearly eight. I should go pick up Sasha.

When I picked her up I couldn’t help but stare at her. She wore a light maroon blouse with light blue skinny jeans. She got into the car and blushed under my gaze.