Chapter 13: Reunion

A/N
Alright this'll be quick I was going to put up a couple of chapters yesterday since it was labor day and I had no school. But as it turns out I had work sooo I didn't get home until late. After that I probably could've revised and edited this but I ended up binge watching Erased (the anime is a great show btw, if you haven't watched it you should check it out).

Levi POV:

That’s Kenny. I’m sure of it. But what was he doing at his house? Shit. He saw me. Damn. I should’ve brought a camera. “Tch.” Whatever. I’ll catch them slipping up eventually.

Eren POV:

Who would’ve thought Levi was actually dangerous? I’m still managing to get my thoughts together, with Kenny’s words still fresh in my mind. “There’s a man named Levi Ackerman in this town. Before you ask any questions he is my nephew. That doesn’t matter though, he’s the captain of one of two squads of an elite group of officers. I don’t know who the other is but the commander is Erwin Smith. This group is dedicated to hunting my group and groups similar down. Most likely they already know we have a connection so I won’t be back for a while and I won’t have you involved in a job for at least a month.”

I had stayed quiet throughout the entire explanation. Seriously, couldn’t he have just told me to watch out for Levi and be done with it?

I got ready for school. I’d already missed two days so I decided to go today. “Also, there’s a surprise for you at your school.” My mind wandered to what Kenny had said before walking out. I wonder what that was about?

I took a slow walk towards school. I was gonna be more than a little late but I didn’t mind, the teachers usually don’t give me too much shit about it. Eventually I reached the school. I wandered the halls for a while before deciding to go to class. I checked my phone. Only fifteen minutes left. I opened the door and walked in. The entire class including Hange swiveled their heads, almost in unison, just to look at me. It gave me chills but I continued to walk in. I stopped in my tracks when I saw a certain ravenette. How the hell did Kenny pull this off?

Annie POV:

 When I saw Eren walk in I felt my heart nearly jump out of my chest. What the hell? Did my heart just skip a beat? Jaeger… I’ll kill you for doing this to me. Suddenly Eren came to an abrupt halt. His eyes widened, they started shining, before going back to normal in an instant.

Suddenly an insanely quick blur passed through my vision. What in the actual fuck was that? I looked back to Eren to see that the thing that had flown past me was, as it turns out, a human.

I felt my irritation rising at seeing the ravenette with the noticeable red scarf, who went by the name of Mina, draped all over Eren. He just stood there like an idiot as if he were unsure of what to do. Is he embarrassed? I felt my irritation reach it’s peak as a flustered Eren reached up with one hand to pat the girls head. The entire class watched in surprise, their mouths agape. Suddenly I heard a crash and looked towards the front of the class to see that Hange had fallen out of her chair.

 I looked back towards the… couple… I felt an aching in my chest at the description. They hadn’t moved, Eren’s arms were both at his side and the girl still had him trapped in a hug. “Are you two idiots gonna keep standing there or find your damned seats?” After I said this the class had started to stare at me. Their mouths opened even wider, if that were even possible. The two students who originally had all the attention on them had blushes on their faces. Eren’s was less noticeable but it was still there. Why does that piss me off even more? The girl had pulled herself away from Eren. She was visibly disappointed, but whether it was because he hadn’t hugged her back or because she had to let him go I couldn’t discern.