Chapter 18: The Carnival

Eren POV:

After school I texted Armin to let him know who was coming. He said it was fine and that both Reiner and Connie said yes.

Genius Machine:

Why’d you have to invite Reiner?
He likes Krista too.

Me:

That’s the point.
When he sees you with Krista he might back off.

Genius Machine:

I don’t think that’ll work.

Me:

Sure it will.

Genius Machine:

If it doesn’t work there’ll be hell to pay Eren.

Me:

Whatever. I’ll talk to you tmr.

Genius Machine:

Alright. Don’t forget.

After texting Armin I did my daily work out and just deflated on the couch. I don’t usually do anything, when Mikasa came over it was the first time in a while that I watched something. That being the case I decided to watch something. I found a couple of shows that I thought were good before falling asleep on the couch.

I’m on top of a huge wall. It’s at least fifty meters tall. Suddenly there was a bright flash of light and then a huge skinless person was on the other side of it. It was taller than the wall. “It’s the colossal titan.” I heard someone yelling. Suddenly I found myself behind the huge creature when a screen of smoke surrounded me. Once it cleared I saw that the huge person was gone.

I was making my way through the buildings. Armin and Mina were with me. There were some people I didn’t know as well. Suddenly I feel a pressure on my leg, it was gone in an instant. Half of my body felt lighter than the other. I crashed onto the roof of a house. Distantly I see Mina getting eaten by another big person. I look around to see people getting eaten all around me. I see Armin getting eaten right in front of me. I blinked and our positions were reversed. The big mouth collapsed.

I woke up in a cold sweat. What the hell kind of dream was that? I went into the bathroom to wash my face. Before I do anything I look in the mirror to see my hair damp and tears streaming down my face. Huh? I was crying? ... Damn. I look like shit.

I decided to take a shower. I’d take another one before the carnival. When I got out I went back to the living room to check my phone. Jesus fuck. It’s not almost three. I went up to my room and just laid on my bed.

I was inside of something. My lower body felt like it was burning. I looked at my arm to see that it was missing.

I blinked. Huh? I don’t think I was asleep. I shook my head. What the hell is wrong with my imagination? I got on my phone and checked my messages. I should get Mina’s number. I see messages from both Mikasa and Sasha. I opened Sasha’s.

Potato Girl:

Hey Eren. It’s been a while since we actually talked.

I decided to answer knowing that she was probably asleep.

Me:

Yeah. What’s up?

I wasn’t even able to set my phone down before I saw three little dots pop up on my screen. The hell? She’s still up?