Chapter Twenty-Nine

ꨄ︎MIKHAIL

"Mikhail? is that you?" He asked, and a smile crept onto my lips.

It's been awhile since I heard his voice.

"It is, Lloyd." I answered.

And again, katahimikan ang sumagot sa akin mula sa kabilang linya, I cleared my throat at saka inayos ang sarili kahit na hindi niya ako nakikita.

"How are you?" I asked, still trying to be cool.

"Ako dapat ang nagtatanong sayo niyan diba?" Tanong nito pabalik, and that made me chuckle.

"Well, I am fine, how about you?" I asked.

"I am fine also." He answered. "I missed you." He admitted at naramdaman ko naman ang bahagyang pag-init ng mga pisngi ko. Thank God at wala siya dito dahil kung hindi aasarin na naman niya ako.

"I--I...I'm sorry..." I said.

"Why are you apologizing all of a sudden?" He asked in confusion.

"I left you right?" I stated and I can tell that he was taken back by the statement. "I left you with just a note and a phone..." I added.

"I will admit, I was hurt but I was more confused that time." He said and let out a loud sigh. "I mean...I understand that you want to protect me but...why don't you lean on me sometimes?" He asked.

"If I lean on you, you will also get hurt."

"Then what's the point of this relationship if we don't share the pain?" He pointed out. "That's how relationship works Mikhail, two people must share the problem, the pain and the happiness." He added.

"I know...and I'm sorry..." I muttered.

He groaned. "Where are you? I want to hug you so bad." Pagre-reklamo nito.

"Hug lang? ang hina mo naman." I joked and he chuckled.

"Oh so you want to do something?" He asked and I can imagine that if we are together right now, he will probably winked at me.

"I-I was not thinking about it!" I defended.

"What are you saying? I was talking about other things we can do, not sex." He explained.

"Oh." I said and with that, I heard him laugh on the other line.

"Oh my God you're so cute." He said at napailing naman ako sa sinabi nito.

Atleast alam ko na cute ako sa paningin niya. That's a relief actually.

Inalis ko naman ang kabilang gloves ko at saka naupo sa upuan na nandoon while waiting for him to calm down and talk to me again.

"Are you done?" I asked and he chuckled again.

"Yeah, yeah I'm done. I'm sorry." He said. "By the way...can I see you...like in person?" He asked.

Hindi naman ako kaagad nakasagot sa tanong na iyon. I heard his sigh on the other line later on.

"I understand that you don't want to see me but--"

"It's not that I don't want to see you Lloyd." Pagputol ko sa sasabihin niya. "I just...I don't know how to face you after what I've done." I admitted.

I also really don't know how to face the whol squad after this.

"Mikhail..."

"So I'm sorry again Lloyd but we can't see each other right now...maybe someday." I said and he let out a sigh again.