Chapter Eighteen

ꨄ︎MIKHAILꨄ︎

"Tell me, Gemma." I said while glaring at her. "What are you to the Empire?" I asked.

She stopped for a moment before a grin crept onto her lips again.

"Oh my, seems like you've discovered my Pandora's box."

"Mikhail? Gemma? What is happening? hindi ko kayo marinig." Turan naman ni Lyka mula sa labas ng glass wall. Gemma just raised her thumb, meaning na okay kaming dalawa.

Pero malayong-malayo doon ang totoong sitwasyon namin.

"Seems like you saw something that you shouldn't."

"Did you kill him?" I snarled.

"Who? your bestfriend? what's his name again? oh, it's Gian." She said at saka itinulak ako palayo sa kanya and this time, she's the one who pinned me to the floor. "I didn't." She answered.

"You liar!"

"Believe me or not I didn't! hindi ako basta-basta pumapatay ng tao." She said. "And about my place in that organization, yes, I was part of it...no scratch that...soon, I will be part of it." She explained.

"What the fuck do you mean!?" I asked but she just gave me a kind smile.

"You will know soon." She said.

I gritted my teeth at saka pilit na kumawala mula sa pagkakahawak niya but it was no use, lumipas ang ilang segundo bago niya ako binitawan ang tumayo.

I still glared at her, dahil hindi pa rin ako kuntento sa mga narinig ko mula sa kanya.

"Are you a spy?" I asked.

"I am not." She said and motioned me to attack. Ginawa ko naman iyon but she just perfectly defended herself. "Hinding-hindi ko magagawang traydurin ang taong nagbigay ng panibagong buhay sa akin." She added.

I jumped and tried to kicked her on her chest at nagtagumpay naman ako doon, she groaned at napasandal sa ring side then later on, she chuckled humorlessly.

"I would love to explain and tell you my backstory but it is not something to cherish." She said and looked at me bago umalis sa ring side at lumakad palapit sa akin. "Please, whatever you read about that file, just keep it to yourself." She added while looking directly into my eyes.

"Paano kung ayoko?" Panghahamon ko.

"Then I don't have a choice." She answered, napahinto naman ako ng maramdaman ang kutsilyo na hawak niya sa leeg ko.

Kahit na may serum na nakaturok sa akin hindi ko pa rin maiwasan ang kabahan sa sitwasyon ko ngayon.

"You mastered knife using...but it was under my class." She said. "Like you said the last time, ayokong pagmulan ng away natin ito." She added while looking directly into my eyes.

Narinig ko naman na bumukas ang pinto and later on, I also heard Lyka's voice.

"Gemma..."

"We are fine Lyka...hindi ko siya sasaktan." Gemma said while still looking at me. "You know me...I won't hurt anyone unless it is necessary."

"Let's stop this, nakuha ko na ang data na kailangan ko." Lyka said.

"No...hindi pa kami tapos maglaban." I said then grabbed Gemma's arms at kaagad na dinisarmahan siya but she used her other hand to smack me in the face before she did a roundhouse kick at natamaan naman ako sa tiyan ulit.