SEVENTY ✵ assassins and wizards

' ASSASSINS AND WIZARDS '
act eleven ; chapter four

' ASSASSINS AND WIZARDS  'act eleven ; chapter four

︽✵︽

THE WALK BACK TO Y/NS ROOM HAD BEEN SILENT. Y/N was beyond thankful that no one had spotted the two spies together. It would've been hard to explain why there was a crazy blonde girl pointing a knife at her side.

By the time they got to the room, Villanelle looked sad, disappointed even. Y/N wasn't sure why, she was never sure what went on in that girls' head. She felt the knife move away from her side, the arm around her shoulder reluctantly left. Y/N stepped away from her instantly. Her body was tense, stiff. She didn't feel comfortable around her anymore, she never really did in the first place but especially not now. Anytime she was around Villanelle, James or Black ice she felt wrong. It made her skin cold, she felt alienated in her own skin.

"I'll see you around, Scarlet Slayer." The blonde's worlds rolled of her lips slowly. Her brown eyes bored into Y/N with a distant look of longing. Y/N didn't understand why – well, she did but she didn't want to admit it. The only thing she wanted to do was sleep and forget about the whole encounter.

"Yeah...I'll see you..." Y/N didn't know how to speak to her, she felt so distant sometimes. They had known each other since they were five but in moments like this Villanelle might as well have been a stranger just passing by.

Y/N opened the door and didn't spare the other girl a glance before stepping inside. She slammed the door shut; the darkness of the room consumed her. A shaky breath left her lips, her hand didn't remove itself from the wooden door until she heard Villanelles footsteps fade away.

"Y/N? What the hell are you doing?" Y/N found it slightly alarming that Erza's groggy voice still managed to strike fear into her.

She turned to see Erza, her hair was frizzy from lying down, one of her arms was outstretched to turn on the lamp. It flickered on with a low buzz. Y/N saw her tired eyes and frowning lips.

"Ah. Nothing." She laughed it off trying to seem relaxed. If it wasn't for her half-asleep state Erza wouldn't have believed her. All the red head did was angry huff while her cheeks puffed out. Y/N thought she looked like a puffer fish. 

"Well hurry and get to sleep. We're doing a group activity tomorrow; we have to be up early." Erza stated with a cute yawn before collapsing back onto the bed.

"How early?" Y/N asked as she stripped herself off her shoes. She moved her way around the small room. There were two single beds, both pushed up against opposite walls, Erza had the left while Y/N had the right. The spy kneeled down before taking out her pyjamas and getting changed.

"The crack of dawn." Erza commented.

"The crack of fucking dawn!" Y/N yelled; she whipped her head around to face the red head who simply smirked from where she lay.