Chapter 24-Confrontation

Sans' Point Of View

"What other pictures? I only gave him the one. The other ones went missing before I could give them away."

I tensed at this. So... She didn't give those pictures to Gaster...?

Then why were they in his desk?!

"Wait what?!"

"Yeah! I was gonna give you the one of yourself and Paps the one with the doggo that you showed me a picture of!"

I looked at her face. Surely she was lying!

She wasn't...

Shit.

"Uhhh"

"Is something wrong Sans?"

I think for a minute... Should I tell her? No. It's probably for the best if I don't... I'll handle this on my own.

"Nah! Everythin's fine kid!"

She gave me a look of concern. Did I not sound convincing? Welp. Nothin a good old smile won't fix.

My well-kept smile seemed to ease her mind because she shrugged and went back to staring at the ceiling.

I go ahead and stare with her for a bit... I didn't want to go confront G too fast or it might spark concern in (Y/n).

After a while I start to get up.

"Hey kid, I gotta go! I have some business to tend ta!"

She noticed me getting up so she did a small wave.

"Ok bye bye Sans!"

I wave before taking a 'shortcut' to Gaster's office.

Sure enough he was working steadily.

I knocked and he gave me a small hum, usually his sign that we have permission to enter.

So that is what I did.

"Hey G..."

"Yes Sans?"

"So I was just talking to (Y/n)..."

"Ok?"

He looked up at me with an imaginary raised brow. I had to phrase this carefully...

"She mentioned that she gave you a picture."

"Why yes she did."

I saw a hint of anger, for some odd reason, but it quickly disappeared and was replaced by a weird smile... Not his normal one either.

"She also mentioned that all her other drawn pictures have gone missing... Have you seen them?"

I saw his eye twitch and his creepy smile falter.

Bingo.

"No Sans... I haven't... Are you insinuating something?"

"No doc! Not at all. I'm just looking for them! It also doesn't help that when I was coming to check back after cleaning the drawing of me in the drawer. Is the dog one in there too G?"

I know I was getting bold... But I felt bold!

"Sans. I don't like where this is going! You snooped through my drawers and then have the audacity to say that I took the drawings?!"

I look him dead in the eye, my smile gone.

"The prove it."

"What?"

"Open. The. Drawer."

He looked at me with a grimace and a glare all in one.

But he knew he lost.

He slowly opened the drawer where I last saw the drawings. Sure enough... There they were.

Both the missing drawings and the one she gave him.

Jesus Gaster...

"I won't tell (Y/n) about this if you give them to me so I can hand them to her."

"Why do you have to hand them to her?"

"So A, she doesn't suspect you, and B, so I know they actually reach her."

He stays silent for a bit before giving me the papers.

"You won't tell her?"

"No G. What you did was messed up, but you wouldn't have done it if ya didn't have your reasons. Your logical. I know that."

"..."

"..."

We stayed silent for a bit before I turned around and walked to the door. I stopped when I heard Gaster say my name.

"Yeah G?'

"... Thank you"

I nod and walk away, ready to return the papers.