Chapter 5-His Name

Gaster's Point Of View

A sigh escapes my mouth as I put Papyrus into his play pen so he could play without bothering us.

It worries me that I haven't heard anything from Sans or the human for a while....

I should probably go check on them.

I walk into the room to find Sans sitting next to the human. They seemed to be having a one sided conversation... Considering the human can't exactly speak yet...

Sans notices me.

"Hey G! I was just trying to get the human to speak more... You know, teach her words... Not really working out though..."

I sigh and shake my head with a small smile.

It wasn't long before Sans once again catches my attention.

"By the way... Since you decided to keep her... We can't exactly just keep calling her 'Human'... Whatcha say we give her a name?"

I think for a moment before agreeing with Sans.

I sit down next to the duo as Sans starts cycling through names. It takes a while before we finally decide.

"Ok G... How about (Y/n)?"

I was about to deny that name until I notice the human smiling at Sans.

"Well... I guess the human likes it... Sure Sans. Why not."

Sans gives the hu- (Y/n) and I a big smile and a thumbs up.

(Y/n) quickly giggles and tries out her name. After failing a few times she decides to try Sans' name.

"S...a...ns"

Sans eyes shine with glee as I roll my eyes.

Then she tugged on my jacket and I looked down at her. Even though she was an adult, I still had some hight on her.

"Ga...s...te...r"

My eyes widen. I could feel a blush forming on my cheeks for some unknown reason and quickly cover up my face. I dismiss myself as Sans started to notice. He was way to observant for his own good.

I exit the room, not seeing the smirk on Sans face or the confusion of (Y/n).

I make it to the kitchen before I finally stop.

Looking over at the coffee pot, I decide now would be a good time for coffee...

As the coffee brews... My mind wanders.

Why was her just saying my name enough to get that reaction out of me?!?!

No she couldn't be the reason my face felt like this... Right?

There had to be another reason.

Maybe the room was too hot?

As weird as it seems, we can feel cold and hot. Maybe it's because we are magical beings...

"DAMNIT I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS REACTION!"

Oops... I meant to say that in my thoughts.

Not even a second after I said that, Sans was in the room helping himself to the newly made coffee, looking at me with a smirk and a gleam in his eyes.

I glared at him.

"What Sans? What could you possibly want? Besides the coffee that I made for MYSELF?!"

He let out a few laughs to himself before once again giving me a smug smile.

"Someone have a crush G?"

I slam my fist down into the counter, scaring him at not only it's suddenness, but also at the damage it did to the counter.

I look down at the counter. It had a decent amount of damage down to it. I mean it's literally caved in.

I let out an angry groan.

Yet another damn thing to fix.

I'm soon interrupted out of my thoughts by Sans.

"Woah... Ok... Um... Sorry I uh... Didn't expect that."

He motions to 'that' as he finishes his sentence.

"I'm not in a pleasant mood right now Sans, and you are not making it any better, now if you'll excuse me I need coffee."

I push past him as I get my coffee, my thoughts running back to (Y/n) saying my name.

I was so into my mind that I didn't even notice Sans leaving.

Instead I just drank my coffee and let my mind wander.

What is wrong with me?