Chapter 8: Exposed Skin

"Milady what about this dress?

"No"

Anika who is sitting on the couch crossed legs, hand on her chin watch the seamstress with slothful eyes. She is now having a meeting with the one who made various dresses for her to choose. Tomorrow is the engagement party of her and the duke, and she seems not in the mood to try it all.

"Just show me the latest work of yours, the one you said modernized."

"Mhhm... Milady but it'll display too much skin, and men will show their tongues during the whole banquet."

The seamstress said worriedly because of her request, the dress that anika chose was a tight red backless dress which shows too much skin, her ball gown alone captivated a man how much more the dress that only covers the front part of her body. It will also be a great insult to the duke and his majesty if they saw her dress like that. but she did not care at all. The wishful thinking of the people whom they expect the future duchess would act as noblest of them all will be destroyed by Anika, It is simply the sign for her rebellion against the marriage.

"Just prepare it for me" Anika brushing off the worried seamstress.

"Are you sure? Bu-"

"How much?" Anika asked while rummaging inside of the bag of gold coins, the seamstress worried face turned into a hungry dog ready for a treat, anika noticed the change of behavior so she decided to just give the whole bag of coins.

'Money really changed a person' she thought leaving the place not sparing glance to the seamstress

...

His black hair were sweep backward exposing his forehead, the traces that his lover gave on his whole body were now covered by an expensive tuxedo. Adroushan's eyes are only staring outside he is now on his way to the imperial palace.

"Are you nervous?" baron Alex asked adroushan who's in dazed.

"Not even a little" Adroushan's answer were by far empty.

"We've arrive your grace" the coachmen announced.

Once he stepped out of the carriage, people only stared in awe most especially ladies. They nearly approached adroushan to converse with the duke but their face turned into scowled when they saw Baron alex with him.

"How come a lowly baron was invited?"

"I agree as far as I know this is the engagement party of his Excellency and Lady Anika"

"How Shameless"

The ladies gossiped inside of their unfolded fans, but it was completely ignored by Adroushan and the Baron. They knew no matter how much mockery words they threw at him, he will only remain unaffected.

"I announced the Presence of Duke of Orton and the baron of Toller" the court marshal shouted making the whole people inside of the room turned their heads to where the duke was.

The gold wall reflected the light of a chandelier glimmering inside the whole room and the bustling of people inside the banquet was covered by the music that is played by the orchestra giving an elegant demeanor which could only achieve by aristocrats.

The duke goes straight to where the emperor bowing his head to pay respect and so was the baron. The emperor's eyes that were filled with loath are only darted to alex.

"Greetings to the Emperor of Ganea, May the whole empire be filled with prosperity and peace"

The baron greeted the emperor with full of fake respect and smile. And that makes the blood of the emperor boil with anger, but cannot suppress it in front of his nephew now that he agreed to marry a woman, he cannot helped but be happy especially to this event.

The princess suddenly stands from her seat and request a private audience with the duke

"What?" Adroushan asked

"Don't let Anika suffer." The princess warned the duke they are now at the corner of the room standing side by side not making any physical encounter as the princess doesn't want anyone to misunderstand their situation.

"I won't even talk to her, how come she would suffer?" Adroushan asked his cousin.

"From your lover." Adroushan was quite shock by the unexpected name that were popped up, out of nowhere.

"What?"

"That's all" The princess left the clueless duke.

The baron on the other hand watched the two closely he wants eavesdrop but the princess was only glaring to where her eyes was. Her eyes were screaming 'Don't you ever come close to me, you filthy little sht'

When The Duke was now alone a servant offer him a glass of wine, He is now waiting for his fiancé to attend this event, although he couldn't care of what will happen to his fiancé whether she will attend or not. What's important is that they will announce the date of their wedding.

"ehem! Ehem! I now announced the presence of The Daughter of the count, Lady Anika Ruve" The marshal was quite flustered when he announced the name of anika, he cannot barely focused as he remember her luscious appearance, his ears now flushed with pinkish pigment focusing his eyes somewhere else.

When she stepped inside of the hall, their jaw dropped to ground not believing what's in front of them.

'Craassshhhhh'