Chapter 3: Tea Time with the Duke

The beautiful garden she passed through was like a paradise, she wander her eyes around can't believe that the duke's garden were more colorful and vibrant than what she thought. The smell of fresh green leaves emits her attention seducing her nose to smell more and walk around the place. The scenery of the paradise like garden displays various types of beautiful flowers enough to attract anyone.

The servants welcome her with warm greeting bowing their head to pay respect to the future Duchess of Orton.

"Welcome Milady. Would you like to rest for a while? It seems you're tired coming here" The butler asked Anika.

She only smile and nod to the butler halfheartedly. She wouldn't stay here for too long though, what she only came is for a business that the duke and she needs to discuss. The butler escort her into a beautiful elegant room enough to be called "for a ladies"

They sure know how to welcome guests.

She decides to sleep for a while, the tea time that the duke set were around three in the afternoon, she continue the sleep that was disturb by her father.

...

Knock knock

"Milady wake up, it's tea time" she's woken up by the knock of her maid

"Do you want to change your dress milady?"

"No I'm Fine. I won't stay here for too long. Father already knew that I'll be back by six in the evening. Just fix my hair that would be enough."

"Yes milady" The maid fixed her wrinkled dress as well as her tattered hair.

When she stepped out of the guest's room the butler is already waiting outside of the door to escort the young lady.

"This way please" The butler politely lead her outside, the table and chairs were perfectly set through the shade of tall green trees protecting it from the brim of sunlight It looks majestic and relaxing. She sits elegantly making the servant's faces drew in awe, waiting for the Duke to come out.

Anika who's quite annoyed because of the late duke kept her face straight.

"I apologized for my late presence, I hope I didn't upset the young lady"

Oh stop you pissed me off.

The duke finally came out, he obviously just gotten a bathe, the strand of his hair still wet, his disheveled outfit displays he didn't prepare well enough, making the butler shook his head.

She turned her head and was quite shocked by the voice that was just suddenly came out inside from the door.

"Greetings your grace" she lift her skirt up doing the elegant curtsy of hers. she looks like a princess who just came out from the fairy tale books. Her elegance can't even compare to some of the noblewomen.

When she lift her head up, she can't hide the grimace of her expression, She knew he was also forced to do this. She also admit he's a good looking guy, she took a quick glance of his face. he has a sharp features; High bridge nose, chiseled jaws, thick eyebrows and his blue orbs that many women would go crazy if they stare for too long, but he should at least make himself look presentable.

"Please sit down" the duke cut the formalities.

The maids pour a tea to their tea cups; the duke glanced to the butler signaling him that he needs some privacy with his future wife. Anika suddenly tensed up not wanting herself to be left alone with a strange guy that keep staring at her for too long.

"So... you already knew about the rumors right" The Duke cut the silence.

"yes" Anika sips to her warm tea after answering the duke, not looking at him. She may look calm outside but deep down she wants this things to be done immediately.

The Duke were quite surprise when he saw her the moment he came out, he didn't expect that her face Would be as gorgeous as what everyone says, but he knew to himself that his shaft would be only for his lovers and not for her, not until they are both ready to bear a child.

He slid a piece of paper on the table towards her, it contains an agreement that both parties should mind their own business and privacy. The duke is free to have a person he would spend on the bed other than the duchess, it was also written how many times they should do the deed: five times a month. While reading the agreement paper the urge to rip it were not almost controlled by Anika, she wants to revise it as soon as she read "the duke has the only right to have another person on the bed".

"I can't agree to this" she set down the slightly crumpled paper. Adroushan only smirk showing his arrogant demure in front of a lady. Sensing the atmosphere adroushan suddenly rebutted her remarks.

"You actually expect a love fro-"

"If you could bring your lover why can't I?" Anika cut his brazen remarks, the emerald eyes finally made an eye contact to the duke.

"hoh..." Adrosian was taken aback by her bold response.

He was amused, The looks in her eyes were like a lioness ready to pounce to its opponent

he expects all noblewomen would be quiet and reserve but the woman in front of him were somehow different. He can't wait to sabotage and trampled her pride and dignity once they've got married.