sleepless night *:・゚✧ richie

song - blue by dream ft. ivory | put on repeat

my eyes wouldn't bother shutting. i laid awake in my bed, my eyes watching the ceiling fan go round and round. 

i turned on my side to see my alarm clock's bright red numbers display "1:47am". 

there was no way i could even shut an eye, and then he crossed my mind. 

richie.

with a small smile, i slowly got up from my bed and slipped my boyfriend's crewneck sweater over my head and proceeded to unlock my window. 

i was going to go see richie.

i fumbled with the lock and i was able to pull up my window, the night breeze flowing in the air. i looked down below to see how i could sneak out, and my eyes adjusted to the trellis below the slightest bit of roof.

i crouched underneath the open half of the window, letting one leg out. before i knew it, both feet were planted on the slightly slanted strip of roof that circled around the house. 

i took a deep breath before taking another step. i hope i could come home without any broken bones. i found myself climbing down the trellis below, my hands grazing over the green vines intertwined and twisted within the wood as i descended.

i landed on the ground, my two feet landing with a thud. i cringed, hoping that no one could hear me. i probably wasn't even that loud, i was just paranoid. 

i didn't bother strolling along the sidewalk, and decided to walk on the asphalt street. there were no cars, and besides, who doesn't love feeling the gentle breeze blow while walking in the middle of the street?

richie wasn't far, for he only lived around two blocks away. i made it to his street and walked towards his home. i lightly knocked on the window to the left, knowing that was where richie's bedroom was.

it took another knock or two before richie moved his drapes to the side to see me on the other side of his window. his sleepy eyes grew wide, and he quickly placed his glasses on the bridge of his nose to make sure it was me.

i waved at him, and he didn't hesitate to open his window. richie was in nothing but a graphic t-shirt and his plaid boxers. "y/n, what are you-"

"i came to see you, rich. is there a problem?" i grinned, making sure my voice was in a whisper. 

"i can't complain now that my gorgeous woman with the nicest ass and-"

"are you gonna help me up or what?"

richie laughed and grabbed my hand, helping me up through his window. richie sat down on his bed and opened his arms for me, and i obliged. i rested my head on his chest as we faced forward.

richie found my hand and intertwined it with his. i felt so safe in his arms.

"i couldn't sleep."

"yeah, no shit, sherlock. why else would you come to my place at two in the morning?"

i rolled my eyes. "whatever, am i not allowed to see my bubs?"

"well-"

"that's what i thought, tozier."

i could tell he was grinning from ear to ear, even if i couldn't see his face. 

"m'lady," richie began in a crappy british accent, "did i ever tell you that i think you look rather dashingly sexy in my clothes?"

"dashingly sexy?"

"you know what i mean," he reverted back to his regular voice. "but you're pretty cute in my clothes, even though you're pretty cute no matter what."

"good one, rich."

i felt his right hand tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. his lips pressed against my head, and i knew that being with richie was certainly better than being alone in my bed.