truth or dare *:・゚✧ jack

song - a kiss by the driver era | put on repeat

i arrived at my friend wyatt's house and knocked on the front door. 

"hey, y/n! hey guys, y/n's here!" wyatt called out to our other friends before giving me a big hug.

"good to see you, too wyatt." i grinned.

our other friends, sophia, chosen, jeremy, finn, and jaeden, were in the living room having a great time. "hey, y/n!"

"hey, guys." i waved and sat down next to sophia on the couch. it soon got a bit quiet once i sat down, everyone looking at each other giving worried looks and occasional glances at me.

"is everything okay? what's going on?" i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"it's just that-" sophia was interrupted by the doorbell, and i immediately knew what they were talking about.

"oh, you've got to be kidding me." i said through gritted teeth.

"hey, everybody! i-" his eyes soon landed on me, his mindset now changed since i was in the room.

"why are you even here?" jack questioned me.

"you know i could ask the same for you, too." i rolled my eyes.

"because she's our friend, jack. just like you." chosen spoke up.

"you know i don't like her, and she doesn't like me. this is bullshit." he said, sitting down on the floor by finn, making sure he was a good distance away from me.

"it is." i grumbled.

"what was that, y/n?" jack asked.

"none of your goddamn business!"

"okay! so how about we play a game?" jeremy interrupted. everyone agreed, and jack and i made sure we weren't even close to each other in the circle of friends.

"alright, i'll start." wyatt said.

"jaeden, truth or dare?" 

"dare."

"i dare you to eat something out of the garbage."

"ew, yuck!"

"it's a dare bro! you gotta do it!' finn added. jaeden found a slice of pizza and took a small bite, gagging at what he just did for a stupid dare.

the rest of us laughed as he stuck his head under the faucet, gargling the water and spitting it back out before rejoining the circle.

after a few others went, it was now sophia's turn. her eyes landed on me, smirking.

"y/n, truth or dare?"

"dare."

"i dare you to go to the hallway closet with jack with the door locked until you guys end your feud."

the expression on jack's and i's faces were anything but good.

"soph-"

"you have to do the dare!" she replied.

i rolled my eyes once again and got up to go to the closet, jack following me. the door shut on us, leaving the two of us alone. we heard the click of the lock, securing that there was gonna be no way out of this.

"i can't believe i got stuck with you because of a stupid dare." he leaned against the wall. there wasn't much room and we tried to keep a good distance away from each other, but it was kind of complicated.

"listen, i don't wanna be here either. just suck it up and get over it."

"of all people, i have to be in here with you."

"you know what? i'm tired of you being a prick to me. it's so dumb. i just don't understand why you hate me so much." i huffed.

"i-"

"i never did anything to deserve this, you know? and why do you hate me so much anyway?"

"because." he shrugged, his expression softened only the tiniest bit.

"that's not good enough, jack. you're the one that always had this dislike towards me and-"

"because i-"

"i don't know what i did wrong, okay? just tell me why-"

"it's because i-"

"-and we can stop having this dumb feud and-"

"it's because i like you, okay? and i never thought you could ever like me back! happy now?" he yelled, his hands covering his face.

jack dylan grazer liked me?

"you what?"

"i-i like you. there i said it, you're welcome."

"why didn't you say anything before? i don't-"

"i thought you wouldn't feel the same, so i've been hiding my feelings. and right now, being in this closet alone with you is driving me insane."

i felt butterflies in my stomach all of a sudden.

"and i don't care if you don't feel the same way. i get it, and-" i walked over to him and placed my lips on his. i had no idea what came over me, but it felt like something that had to be done.

it was a quick peck, and then he cupped my cheeks and smashed his lips against mine. we lasted like that for awhile, and we heard the click of the door now unlocking and opening.

"hey, guys! it looks like they made up!"