see you later *:・゚✧ mike

song - american boy by estelle ft. kanye west

i strolled down the streets of downtown derry. my mom needed a few things from the pharmacy, so i obliged and went on my way. 

as i kept walking, i heard a familiar rev of an engine. i could feel my heartbeat quicken as i knew who was there once i turned around. henry bowers, along with his minions, were cruising down the street, going over the speed limit.

i knew that i would be dead meat if they ever saw me. they loved to torture and bully innocent people, so i kept my distance. i didn't want to end up in the hands of henry and his friends. i've surprisingly managed not to do so.

my eyes found an entrance of an alleyway and i practically sprinted to it before they could see me. i hid behind a big crate in the dark area, making sure i wasn't seen.

i could hear the sound of their voices become faint, causing a sigh of relief to tumble off of my lips. i got up from behind the crate to see a boy, who i've actually seen around town before, stare at me.

he was taking butcher paper covered meats out of the basket of his bike. the two of us locked eyes, and the boy finally spoke up. all i knew about him was is that he didn't go to my school and he lived in the outskirts of town.

"a-are you okay?" he asked, his brown eyes filled with slight concern.

"yeah, it's just bowers. i didn't wanna deal with him and what he could possibly do to me, you know? might as well runaway from him."

"i totally get you. i'm surprised he didn't see me here, too. he's been after me since i could remember, because i'm an 'outsider'. " a small smile tugged at his lips.

"you know, i've seen you around town a few times, and i don't even know your name." i said.

"oh, i'm mike hanlon. i live up and around the hill at the farm."

"oh, well, i'm y/n, y/n  y/l/n."

"nice to meet you. it's nice that there's someone in this town that i know of who doesn't have a desire to beat me up."

"honestly, same." i lightly giggle. the two of us talk for a bit before i realize why i was in town in the first place. my mom was probably growing suspicious at why i wasn't home by now.

"i should probably get going. i was supposed to get some things for my mom," i began. "but it was really nice meeting you, mike."

he grinned and nodded. "yeah, you too."

"see you later." i waved and walked out of the alley, a small smile on my face.