pretty portrait *:・゚✧ sophia

song - pink + white by frank ocean | put on repeat

"soph, you have to stay still!" i exclaimed as i sketched her features on the sleek, white canvas before me on the easel.

"i'm sorry!" she laughed, getting back to her position she was in before. sophia sat on a stool somewhat behind the easel. i moved my eyes off of the canvas to examine her and immediately go back to sketching.

i placed her sweet freckles that littered her nose and cheeks, making her undeniably breathtaking to look at. my girlfriend was quite a masterpiece, literally.

i put my pencil down, soon picking a paintbrush and finding the perfect colors to paint with. i soon found the perfect ones, using a vanilla white to bring color to her crewneck sweater she was wearing. 

i added shadows to where they were most necessary. i was heavily concentrated, and sophia seemed to notice and giggled, due to me slightly sticking out my tongue.

"what's so funny?" i questioned.

"you."

"i can't help that i'm a perfectionist, baby."

"it's cute." she grinned, causing a small grin to appear on my lips as i began to work on her hair. i found the nicest shades of orange and a bit of brown and red to really get that dimension.

the longer i worked on the portrait, i felt myself getting lost in the beauty that was sophia. her soft smile, gentle blue eyes, and her freckles, like daisies in a meadow on a lovely summers day.

after dating for almost a year, i couldn't get over how breathtakingly beautiful she was. i loved her to death. every brush stroke was a symphony.

"and, done!" i exclaim as i got done with signing my initials at the bottom corner of the canvas. sophia's smile grows wide, excited to finally see the finished product.

"lemme see!" she got up from the stool to stand by me, gazing at the painted portrait of her. she brought a hand to her mouth, amazed by it.

"y/n, it's so good!" she squealed.

"you like it?"

"i love it," sophia gave me a quick peck on the cheek, making me smile even harder.

"and i love you!" 

"i love you, too, soph."