first date *:・゚✧ bill

song - 4EVER by clairo | put on repeat

i finished the final touches to my makeup, the mascara wand combing through my lashes one last time. before i knew it, the doorbell rang, my heart raced super fast all of a sudden.

"y/n, your friend is here!" my mom called out from the living room.

"coming!" i smoothed my dress down before walking out of my room, making sure i looked presentable for bill for our first date.

bill and i confessed our liking towards each other after the blood oath we had after fighting pennywise. we weren't officially dating, but we pretty much wanted to take things slow.

i walked into the living room, my mom already trying to have a conversation with bill. he looked adorable with his usual flannel, and he looked fairly nice for our date.

"oh, y/n! why didn't you tell me that bill was such a sweetheart?" she gushed, causing my cheeks to warm up a bit.

bill glanced at me, a smile on his face. he could tell i was getting somewhat embarrassed by mom.

"well-"

"we s-s-s-should get g-g-g-going, miss y/l/n. it was g-g-great talking to you." he interrupted me.

"of course," she grinned. "you two get going now, and don't come home too late."

"i know, mom."i replied before she gave me a kiss on my head.

bill and i walked outside, the door shutting behind us.

"i'm sorry about her. she just never really sees me with guys and immediately suspects that-"

"it's fine, y-y-y-y/n. your mom s-s-seems v-v-v-very nice." he smiled, as we walked down the paved sidewalks. we decided to ditch our bikes for today, just because.

plus, my house wasn't far away from downtown derry.

"you look b-b-b-b-beautiful, by the way."

"thanks, bill. you look cute, too." i tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as he blushed.

"so, where are you taking me today?" i asked.

"how do you feel about going to the movies?"

i nodded "sounds fun."

we soon made it to the center of town and to the theater. we decided to watch nightmare on elm street 5, which i was kind of hesitant about but i went with it anyway.

i was somewhat terrified while watching it. even though i knew it wasn't real and was just a movie, it still had the capability of scaring the crap out of me.

"i got you." bill whispered, sensing that i was scared and a little bit tensed up. he grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his own. i felt my face warm up again, but thank goodness it was dark in the theater.

the film soon ended, and we then decided to go get ice cream.

"i still can't believe i watched that. that was scary as hell." i say before digging into my favorite flavor.

"i-i-i-it wasn't that s-s-s-scary, y/n."

"whatever."

"hey, i'm j-j-just glad i got to p-p-p-protect you from f-f-freddy k-k-krueger."

"yeah, that was like, the only good thing about it." i replied as bill chuckled a bit.

the two of us soon found ourselves at the park. bill rested against the trunk of one of the many trees. i rested my head on his shoulder, our hands intertwined once again.

"thank you for today, bill. i really appreciated it." i spoke up.

"of c-c-c-course, y/n. i had fun."

after hanging out at the park and a little bit around town, the sun was setting.

"i s-s-should probably t-t-take you back home now." bill said.

i knew that our date was going to end, but that was the problem: i didn't want it to end.

he saw my eyes dart downwards toward my feet. "hey, t-t-there will be p-p-plenty of more dates in t-t-the future." a smile appeared on my face at his response.

more dates with bill? oh, hell yeah.

we ended up back at my house after a bit. he walked me up to my porch, and i soon faced with the front door.

"thank you again, bill. i-" without warning, bill's lips smashed against mine.

i almost instantly kissed back. i melted into the kiss, and it felt like my knees could give out at any second.

he soon pulled away, smiling at me.

"you're w-w-w-welcome. goodnight, y/n."