Chapter 29

"Are we there yet?" complained Wei Ying for the 36th time. Lan Zhan shook his head. "Almost there." Wei Ying groaned.

"Why did you have to pick such a far place?" Lan Zhan looked back at Wei Ying, who was barely able to move his feet.

"Wei Ying is tired," he remarked. Wei Ying snorted. "Did you just realize that?" Lan Zhan swiftly walked backwards and heaved Wei Ying onto his back.

"I will carry Wei Ying," he declared, proceeding to walk forward with Wei Ying on his back. Wei Ying couldn't help but snicker at how cute his husband was being.

"Lan Zhan, the way you talk is so cute," he teased, leaning his head forward to kiss Lan Zhan on his cheek. Lan Zhan's cheeks got hotter and his face was slightly flushed, but he didn't say anything.

~

A few hours later, Wei Ying was sound asleep. Lan Zhan didn't carry him the entire time, but when Wei Ying began to feel sleepy, Lan Zhan didn't hesitate to bring him onto his back again.

Wei Ying's peaceful slumber was interrupted by a small kiss on the forehead from Lan Zhan.

"Wei Ying. We are here," he said. 

Wei Ying blinked his eyes a couple times. "Finally. We've been walking for half a da...holy shi....what the fu..." Wei Ying couldn't even finish his sentence before he began to cry on spot.

On the right of him was an unbelievably majestic waterfall, the water sparkling in the light of the sunset. There were mountains in the background, reflected into the clear water. Little fish swam in the water. But on the left side, there were lotus flowers. Huge, pink lotus flowers. Fireflies flew around, and there were lanterns dangling off of the little building on the dock. And in the middle, was a bridge. Connecting both sides of them together.

Wei Ying wanted to just sob his heart out. 

How lucky he felt, to have such an amazing husband. How lucky he felt, to have someone that would take such good care of him, and spoil him so much. How lucky he felt, to have someone that wanted him. That cherished him. That loved him.

"I don't deserve someone as amazing as you," he croaked out, still crying. Lan Zhan brought his arms around Wei Ying's head, and cuddled him. Wei Ying let his tears soak Lan Zhan's robes.

"I don't deserve you. You're too good for...for...for someone as average as me," he cried. Lan Zhan stroked his head gently, and gave him a small kiss by his ear.

"Wei Ying is the best. If anything, I do not deserve you. Don't ever call yourself average. You are the best in the world. I would not want to spend the rest of my life with anyone other than you." Lan Zhan said seriously, his eyes staring into Wei Ying's. Wei Ying nearly shivered from his husband's piercing glance. But before he could reply, Lan Zhan pulled Wei Ying into his chest for a tight hug.

" I like you. I fancy you. I love you. I want you. I can't leave you. I whatever you," he breathed gently while squeezing Wei Ying. Wei Ying blushed, and the sound of his crying turned into laughter.

"Lan Zhan! You're just teasing me, aren't you?" he sniffled into Lan Zhan's white robes, which were now stained with tears. Lan Zhan wrapped his big hands around Wei Ying's head and kissed the top of his head.

"Wei Ying is good at words. I am not. I must learn from the best," he stated simply. Wei Ying slapped Lan Zhan's back without putting much force into it.

"Why do you do this?" he croaked. "Why do you always spoil me? I'm not worth your spoiling. Don't you get tired from constantly spoiling me?" Lan Zhan kneeled down and gently kissed Wei Ying's hand.

"Do not say that. You deserve everything. You deserve the best. Because Wei Ying is the best." He paused momentarily to stand up and embrace Wei Ying into his arms again. 

They stood there for a while, just hugging each other. Wei Ying loved to feel the warmth of Lan Zhan's body radiating onto him. It gave him a sense of comfort and welcoming, something that he didn't necessarily have in the past. But suddenly, it began to rain. The droplets poured down, turning the warmth into something cold. 

Wei Ying shivered, and Lan Zhan noticed. He carefully spread them apart and clasped the hands of his beloved.

"We should go inside. Wei Ying is cold," he murmured. Wei Ying smiled softly. "Okay. Let's go."

~

The inside of the building on the dock was even more beautiful than the outside. Wei Ying marveled at all the small decorations.

"This is almost as nice as Lotus Pier," he remarked. "That's saying something." Lan Zhan nodded and invited him to sit.

"I tried to make it nice for Wei Ying," he said simply. Wei Ying smiled.

"I'll be honest, I imagined something tropical," he commented. Lan Zhan's face seemed to harden, and he looked down, almost as he looked disappointed in himself for not knowing what Wei Ying wanted. Wei Ying quickly rushed over towards him to bowl him over in a hug. 

"Lan Er-Gege, what's that pouty face for?" he teased gently. "I just said that I imagined something tropical. Becuase a bunch of people like to go to somewhere tropical." He stroked Lan Zhan's arms. "But I should have known that my Lan Zhan is the farthest person from ordinary. I should have known that Lan Zhan would have gone above and beyond." he added, giving a Lan Zhan a small kiss on his mouth.

"Don't be sad, Lan Zhan. I'm not disappointed. At all. Quite the opposite. I like this place. It feels like our homes are connected." he said, giving Lan Zhan his puppy eyes. Lan Zhan's mouth broke into the slightest smile, and he pulled Wei Ying over to sit on his lap.

"Is Wei Ying happy?" he asked. Wei Ying nodded, and pressed his mouth onto Lan Zhan's.

When they finally parted, Wei Ying gave Lan Zhan his sweetest smile, one that could warm someone up even in the coldest times.

"I'm happy."

A/N: Hi guys...the story is going to end soon (don't know about the exact amount of chapters, but around a few more). I hope you guys are all ready to part with it, cause I don't know if I am ;-;

But at the same time, I'm reluctant to end it...I've been with it for so long, but it's going to be over soon TuT (it's not like I can drag it on forever though).

BTW I do have ideas for new fanfictions (all WangXian so far), so stay tuned! Do you guys like the idea of WangXian Modern AU, or would you prefer historical? (this is such a long author's note lol)I