Chapter 13

After a while of searching, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan gave up searching for whoever had attacked them. Jiang Cheng had tried to continue figuring it out, but there was no other evidence. Plus, so far, the person never attacked them again. After a while, nobody cared too much either. Jiang Cheng's mood slowly shifted positively. Wei Ying, the "master matchmaker" had gotten his blood-sister to successfully confess to Jiang Cheng. "I told you I would get you a girlfriend!" Wei Ying had whooped gleefully. Grandmaster allowed Wei Ying to live at Cloud Recesses. The two were happy. However, very soon, Lan Zhan had a huge surprise planned for Wei Ying.

          "Lan Zhan! What could you have possibly planned that you would have me blindfolded?" Wei Ying shouted. Lan Zhan was dragging Wei Ying around by his arm. "You'll see," he said mysteriously, accidentally running Wei Ying into a tree. Wei Ying yelped. "Lan Zhan! You suck at doing this." Lan Zhan smiled. "Sorry." he said, unapologetically. Finally, he stopped running. "We're here. You can take the blindfold off now." 

          Wei Ying slowly took off his blindfold, cringing at how bright it is. "Ugh, it's too sunny..." He trailed off in shock. Lan Zhan slowly smiled. Wei Ying clapped his hand over his mouth.

          "Oh my god." he said. Lan Zhan had taken him to the back hill, where all the bunnies were. But there weren't just bunnies there. Lan Zhan had decorated the entire place with lanterns and fans that had rabbits painted on them. There were ribbons everywhere, and there was a huge stockpile of Emperor's Smile sitting on a table. There was another huge table dedicated to food. So many people were there, including Jiang Cheng, Yuqi, Wen Ning, Sizhui, Jingyi, Jin Ling, Huaisang. Lan Xichen was playing the famous WangXian song. Lan Zhan smiled and got on one knee. Wei Ying was squealing and gasping. 

             "Wei Ying..." Lan Zhan said softly. Tears watered up in Wei Ying's eyes. "I'm here..." he muttered. Lan Zhan smiled even wider. No one had ever seen Lan Zhan smile so big. "You completely changed my life. When you were alive, you were always there for me. You showed me things I never would have imagined. I love you." He paused for a second and took a deep breath. 

          "Wei Ying...will you marry me?" he asked shyly, taking a small box out and holding it in front of Wei Ying. Wei Ying was so overwhelmed that he couldn't even speak properly, but could only nod vigorously and squeezed Lan Zhan in a hug.

          "Lan Zhan," he sobbed. Lan Zhan patted his back gently. "Don't cry, Wei Ying." he said, kissing his tears away. Wei Ying sniffed. "I love you." At those three words, the crowd burst into a huge cheer. Wei Ying smiled. "You're my soulmate. I'll be with you forever." he murmured into Lan Zhan's ear. Lan Zhan pulled him into a tender hug. "I love you." he breathed.

-

          The engagement was a huge success. Not too much later, Jiang Cheng also proposed to Yuqi. Now they each had a wedding to think about.

          "What about a double wedding?" Jiang Cheng proposed. Wei Ying, who was drinking his beloved Emperor's Smile, immediately spit it out from laughter. After a while, he managed to get himself back together.

          "A double wedding? Are you trying to steal my special day away from me? You and Yuqi are different from Lan Zhan and me. We each need our special wedding plans." he announced stubbornly. "Besides, Lan Zhan and I already planned the basics of our wedding. We're going to have it in the back hill, and we're going to invite EVERYBODY. Lots of alcohol, especially Emperor's Smile from Gusu. Next..." After a while of listening to Wei Ying ramble, Jiang Cheng grew impatient and went to find Lan Zhan instead.

          Jiang Cheng, who wasn't the most familiar with Cloud Recesses, stumbled around until he found Lan Zhan, playing a song on his Guqin and singing. Intrigued, he went inside. Lan Zhan immediately stopped singing.

          "What are you doing here?" he asked curtly. "Apologies, I was just looking for you. I didn't mean to intrude. But you actually have a pretty good voice. And that song is really beautiful; what's it called?" Lan Zhan paused for a second. "You cannot tell Wei Ying." he said. "Okay..." Jiang Cheng replied. Lan Zhan sighed. "I composed this song myself for him and I. I sang it for him once, at the Tortoise of Slaughter. It's...called...WangXian. He is the only person that has ever heard me play it. That's why I was able to recognize him. He doesn't know the name though. I'm going to have XiChen play it during our wedding, and reveal the name." Jiang Cheng nodded. 

          "How long have you liked Wei Ying?" he asked. Lan Zhan paused again. "Since we were 16..." he said, his neck turning pink. Jiang Cheng stared at him in shock. "You've liked him for that long?" Lan Zhan turned away. "Go away," he said, his face turning hot. "Our wedding is in a week, and we still have more things to prepare." Unable to say anything else, Jiang Cheng turned around and was about to walk out of the door, when he heard Lan Zhan yelp in pain. Instantly, he swung his head around. His eyes widened in shock.

          "How can it be...you?!"