T-W-E-N-T-Y T-H-R-E-E

T W E N T Y  T H R E E

On my way to the kitchen, I noticed Evan looking like a little kid on Christmas morning as he opened up an envelope. "What could possibly be inside that envelope that you are so excited about?"

"Remember the retired firefighter I spent time with at the bar the other day when all of you decided to bailed on me?"

I rolled my eyes at his comment as I continued to look for trash bags. Since that night, Evan met Red at the bar; he cannot stop talking about the old man or the fact that his "family" abandoned him that day. By the looks of it, it seems like he will never let it go.

"Yeah, what about him?"

"Well, I managed to find Red's old true love, and I'm going to reconnect them. He deserves a happy ending after all these years. I believe it is never too late."

  "Even though that sounds sweet, Evan, I think you shouldn't be meddling with people's lives."

   "Agatha, if you saw how lonely he is, you would do the same thing. The way he talked about this lady just made me believe in something I had given up on when Abby left me behind,"

The sound of her name coming from his lips had the effect of a stab to my heart. The whole feeling made me hate myself for something so silly as that hurt me when he was not even mine in the first place. "If you think it's going to end well, then have at it, I guess." I sighed.

"I have a feeling that it will," He looked so excited that I decided not to burst his bubble. Getting into other people's business never ended well, but Evan was too good for his own good. It was like telling a little kid that Santa Claus does not exist, and I did not have the heart to tell him. "I'm heading to his house right now. I even bought the tickets for the baseball game, which they loved going to when they were younger."

"Good luck," Giving him a small smile. I turned on my heels and proceeded to go back to my room to finish the mess that I started.