F-O-U-R

F O U R

F O U R

It has been a couple of weeks since the whole tsunami tragedy, and the creepy letter thing happened. I still could not understand who would write such a thing, but as time passed, the more I was starting to let it go.

I have been living in California for two months now. Even though it has taken a while, I have started to see this place like home. For the past two months, I have been slowly settling in this new life thanks to the support I have been getting from Uncle Bobby, Athena, and the rest of the 118 team who all constantly lift me whenever I am having off days. 

After finally getting a new car, I started the process of searching for a place of my own, but everything in California was too expensive for me to afford it on my own. Uncle Bobby and Athena kept reassuring me that I could stay with them for as long as I needed, but I felt like I was invading their privacy considering their marriage just started.

"I hate fire drills," protested Hen as she and Eddie prepared the hose. Today the 118 station along with other stations in the area, was taking part in a mandated fire drill. So far, we were not doing so great after arriving late due to road blockages.

"It is not like we have an option. The state makes us do it every three years," Eddie pointed out.

"The fun part is going to be telling the new Fire Marshall why we were late," Chim joked, making all of us look at Uncle Bobby.

I laughed, taking a seat on the rear bumper of the ambulance. Since I do not have my firefighter certification, I could not participate in the drill. All I have to do is show up and stay behind with all the other paramedics from the other stations in case a real emergency occurs.

It sucked that I could not do everything the team did during calls, including this, but I have started to accept the fact that I had to start over.

"You guys have fun with that," I nodded towards the entrance of the building where Buck was exiting from in his Fire Marshall uniform, looking a bit disappointed at the Captain.

"You guys are 17 minutes late," Buck stated, writing something on his clipboard. Buck made a smart decision about not quitting his job and accepted with pride in his new light-duty position. With way too much pride, I may add because, according to the others, he has been a pain in the ass.

"The road was blocked, Buck," Bobby explained as him, and the team got ready to go inside the building.

"Yet the 117 got here in time and even had minutes to spare,"

"We are five blocks away," Uncle Bobby exclaimed while walking inside with the others leaving Buck outside, who kept shaking his head as he took notes.

When he looked up from the clipboard in his hands, his blue eyes met mine. "Why aren't you inside with them?"

"Well, Mr. Fire Marshall, I am technically not a firefighter in the state of California," I shrugged. "Got to start the process all over again."