"Where is Jeon?" Hyungsik asked after he felt Taehyung was calmed enough and now sitting straight.

Taehyung pointed his finger to the door, sniffing slightly.

"Can you call him inside too? Please?" Taehyung frowned but nodded.

Jungkook wasn't ready for this but when he saw Taehyung's puffy eyes and red nose, he silently followed him inside the room after the cops gave him permission.

He was facing the wall while Taehyung was again sitting in the previous spot. Hyungsik inhaled sharply and started.

"You were right. I am not a human... indeed a monster. The day i-" He stopped and tears fell on his cheeks, the guilt of killing some innocent people was now killing him alive.

"I don't know, how you live with that.. you are very brave... and I am an as*****. You shouldn't have forgiven me, should've let me hang for my sins." Taehyung's body stiffened at that and he whipped his neck to see Jungkook's response, who calmly made eye contact with his father.

"I am running a mafia, dealing with many people like you, but I never killed any innocent one. I am not saying that I am a human, but at least. I am not a monster who hurt this innocent boy for nothing." Jungkook said, pointing towards Taehyung.

"Honestly, I don't know, how I did that. But one thing is sure, I was just thinking about him." Taehyung bit his lip and let out a sigh with a few more tears.

Hyungsik smiled at that and nodded his head. His hand reaches forward to grab Taehyung's entangled ones.

"He is your childhood friend you used to see in the park?" Taehyung hesitantly nodded and Jungkook kept his straight face.

"I can't pay for your loss Jeon, but please... never ever hurt h-"

"I am not like you." Jungkook cut him off quickly and clenched his jaw.

"Of course, you are not. That's why I am asking you to take care of him." Hyungsik added and Taehyung narrowed his eyes. Jungkook also did the same.

"He is too innocent for this cruel world, he needs someone like you by his side forever. I can't be a good father to him, but I am sure that you can be the best person for him." Older compiled his words with a genuine smile and Taehyung was trying to absorb the words. What does his father mean by that?

While Taehyung was solving the knots of words, Jungkook get that easily and his expression softened when he saw Taehyung's lost ones.

"I would love to." He mumbled too softly that Taehyung missed it but Hyungsik did hear it, because he had all of his attention on his lips, ready to hear something like that. He did notice the way Jungkook was looking at Taehyung back in his basement, he could feel the love in his eyes that raventte was holding for blond. And for all reasons, he was satisfied that finally, his son had someone who actually cares for him.

"Thank you, Jeon, for everything and I am sure that it wasn't you. I know that person who shoot me, he was working for Rose since I know her." Taehyung closed his eyes and Jungkook felt a bit better than before, at least now Taehyung won't blame him.

Cops entered the room and said they want to talk with Hyungsik, so Taehyung left him after a small side hug while Jungkook simply left the room.

....................

"I am sorry." Taehyung mumbled, fidgeting with his shirt (well Jungkook's actually.)

Jungkook gave him a glance from the rearview mirror and sighed.

"You actually thought that I would do something so lowly? Especially when I gave you my word?" Taehyung's lip wobbled on that. He felt guilty because he actually did believe in that for the time being. His mind was messed up with all the rushy things and that's why he did so.