42: Let Him Go

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

The day was finally here... the day when the fate of Hyungsik was about to be decided by the Court. Taehyung shut the file of the new contract that he got from one of his old partners. He was happy that people were supporting him as the new CEO of the company as well as trusting him enough to have partnerships.

His phone buzzed and he read the message from Jimin.

Chim

'I am sorry Tae, I am still out of the station with Yoongi. I will see you in the evening. And don't worry, everything will be fine. Take my blessing 💜💜'

A small smile formed on his lips at the thought that at least his best friend got the person who actually cares for him and is happy. He put his phone in his pocket and sighed softly before putting that file aside and grabbing his coat to go to the court. He was not sad, instead, he was afraid.. too much afraid of what will happen in the court, and what the judge will decide for his father. He wasn't ready to let him go yet, because he was feeling selfish and wanted to be a bit happier but seems like his luck was playing with him.

"Ready?" He heard Jin's voice at the doorway and silently nodded. Jin patted his shoulder, a gesture saying that it will be ok, however, both were aware that it can't be.

.......................

"According to all the proofs and the statement of Kim Hyunhsik, it's obvious that he is the culprit for the murder of Jeons." The judge said and grabbed his pen to write down the final verdict.

Taehyung was just staring at his father who had his eyes low, in shame. Jin slightly pressed his palm over Taehyung's shaking one.

"Tae, calm down please." Taehyung bit his lip in response, his legs were shaking furiously same as his hands.

"I-i am so afraid Hyung, what if-"

"In the light of all the proofs and statements, Kim Hyungsik is proved guilty and the court decides to punish him by hanging till d-"

"Wait!" Taehyung let out a breath that he was holding during the speech of the judge and turned his head to the right where a person was standing all in black, wearing a mask and glasses.

"I want to say something before you announce his punishment." The person said and pointed his finger toward Hyungsik who frowned slightly. Taehyung's heartbeat quickened as he realized the voice and saw Namjoon standing behind him.

Judge cocked his brow but allowed Jungkook to walk to the box.

Jungkook slowly removed his mask and glasses and Hyungsik's expression twisted but Taehyung couldn't comprehend the situation. He squeezed Jin's hand a bit harder to which the older yelped.

"You ok?" Namjoon quickly asked taking the empty seat beside Jin who nodded his head and faced Taehyung, who was a very visibly sweating mess by now.

"Tae?" Taehyung kept staring at Jungkook and he was hyperventilating with thousands of thoughts bugging his tired brain. Jin got worried and Namjoon also noticed Taehyung's condition.

Jungkook was saying something to the judge but Taehyung couldn't hear that. He was again hearing his own heartbeat in his ears because he was afraid that Jungkook was here to make it more worse for his father.

"Tae! Breath please." Jin whisper-yelled to the boy who was getting paler in seconds.

"Taehyung? What's wrong?" Namjoon asked softly but Taehyung shook his head.