28: Giddy

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

Hoseok was definitely surprised by Taehyung's words and for a moment he stopped every movement. Taehyung was still waiting for a response from him, eyes fixed on him.

"Ah.. you are way wiser than I thought. I am a detective. " Hoseok finally breathed out and chuckled when Taehyung's cheeks gave a tint of light pink.

"I am.. wise?" Taehyung mumbled and Hoseok nodded in agreement.

"Handsome and wise..double offer," Hoseok added to tease the blond and it definitely worked as Taehyung moved his head more down to hide his red face.

They sat in silence for a minute or two, when something hit Taehyung's mind.

"You must know law.. right?"

Hoseok nodded while gulping water.

"Um, I mean.. can I ask something?" The detective was sure that question must be kind of awkward to ask, judging from the blond's hesitation.

"Sure.. feel free to ask anything." He used his beaming tone to lighten up the tension of the other. Taehyung felt good by his response and finally asked.

"What will be the punishment for a m- murderer... um.. especially the one who committed the crime y- years ago?" Taehyung asked in a soft tone and bit his lip after delivering the most difficult dialogue of the evening.

Hoseok frowned slightly as the question was definitely unexpected and kind of weird but he had to answer before digging into the depth of the scenario.

"Well.. according to law... the person should be hanged to death or imprisoned for life is expected." Taehyung gulped visibly and his facial expressions turned into a sort of sadness.

"But-"

"Ah..you are a detective. Now I know how Jin Hyung met you. He must've hired you for me.. right?" Taehyung blurted out to avoid the question that Hoseok was about to ask, deep down he had an idea what it could be.

Hoseok only chuckled at this as Taehyung was sweating and rubbing his palms over his pants... a nervous smile on his face.

"See.. you are wiser. Wise enough to dodge the unwanted things so easily." Hoseok commented and Taehyung just looked at his almost empty plate.

"What you found during your search?" Another question but with a more serious tone.

"That you were kidnapped by Jeon Jungkook." That name caused him to whip his neck so hastily that Hoseok even heard a crack sound.

"How?"

"Of course, I am known in my profession, Taehyung. But one thing is most surprising for me, he isn't the type to kidnap someone for money... until the person has some ties with his work, then he kidnapped you?? And especially why that day??" Taehyung's eyes widened at his words as he recalled everything.

"I could feel that you are traumatized for some reason and he definitely talked about his reasons with you but why you are keeping those to yourself.??"

How could he answer those questions... how he could say that his father is a murderer of Jeon Jungkook's parents?

Taehyung licked his suddenly dry lips and looked here and there with a sweaty forehead.

Hoseok was noticing his every moment till Jin finally came back and sat back in his seat. He could feel that Taehyung was sweating badly.

"Hey.. you ok?" Jin asked Taehyung who was deep in thought, feeling ignored he turned to Hoseok who was just staring at Taehyung with narrowed eyes.