"Nancy?" he asked hesitantly, trying not to hurt your feelings even more. You looked down to your palms, before nodding. "Even the sound of her name annoys me." Dustin mumbled, making you glare at him in shock. "What? I hate my sister getting hurt." he defended.

"Dusty, you don't have to hate her because of me, I totally understand Steve, he doesn't love me the way I love him. Also she's your best friend's sister, it's okay." you told him, patting his shoulder.

"I know, but I just hate it when my favorite person is getting hurt because of my other favorite person. It's very hard for me, you know." he frowns, making your heart melt at his words.

"I'm sorry.. It's just, I can't help my feelings for him to stop. I just can't. It's been so long since I've been genuinely happy around him. I was happy with him, until that Nancy Wheeler comes along. I mean, I can't even get mad at her, how can I even hate her, when she's so nice to me? I just hate the fact that Steve didn't even notice how much effort I put into just for him. He doesn't know how my heart pounds when we hug or get shy and shit when he compliments me. I just wish I were her. I wish I were Nancy. I just wish that I was the one who's hugging and kissing him anytime I want to. I really want him to be happy but it hurts me so much when I see him happy with someone else." you ranted, your voice breaks at the end of your sentence while bawling your eyes out in front of your brother.

Your loving brother didn't hesitate to give you a tight hug, rubbing your back as you cried on his shoulder. "It's going to be okay, Y/n. It's going to be alright." he hushed. "That's some bullshit saying, I've been hoping everything will be okay since what, years ago?" you scoffed as you sat back up.

"I know it's hard to believe, specially for you, but you gotta believe in it. Trust me. And you don't have to be Nancy or someone else for someone to like you, you're you. You're one of the most amazing person I've known in my life, Y/n/n. It's his loss if he didn't get to choose the best person in the world." he smiles at you and you returned one as you wiped your tears from your cheeks.

"And you're the best sibling that I have." you chuckled softly before taking him in your arms for another hug. "Now get up there and we'll play DnD at Mike's." he smiled widely as he saw your genuine smile again. You nodded, before letting him leave your room for you to get ready.

You didn't stay for long at the Wheeler's, since you promised Steve that you would go watch a movie with him, and also trying to avoid a conversation with Nancy, which the kids understood and let you leave the house early.

You grabbed some snacks for the movie night, before driving to Steve's, which you arrived earlier than expected. You knocked, waiting patiently for someone to open the door. When someone did, you looked up and a smile spread across your face. Steve stared at you for awhile, "Hi..?" you spoke softly before he snapped out of his trance. "Oh, um, come in, Y/n." he mumbles, embarrassed at what he did.

As you got inside, you placed down your bag and the snacks on the table. You sat down on the couch, "God, I missed this place." you muttered as you laid down. You heard Steve chuckled, before walking towards you, moving your feet so he can sit comfortably.

"It's been real quiet here when you're not around, Y/n/n." Steve joked, making you laugh softly. "Just admit that I'm your happiness, Harrington." you two laughed harder until someone knocked. Your eyebrows furrowed, "Are you expecting someone else?"

He didn't answer you, instead he got up to open the door. "Wow, rude much." you mumbled to yourself as your eyes followed the boy.

"Y/n! Glad to see you here," Nancy beamed at you as she walks inside the house. You looked at Steve with a confused face, since you were only expecting this night to be you and Steve. "Oh, right.. I forgot to tell you, Y/n. Uh, I mentioned our movie night to Nance and she wanted to come.. Hope that's okay." Steve smiled at you awkwardly.

"Yeah, yeah! It's great actually. I like the company." you gave them a fake smile which Steve noticed, but brushed it off anyways.

And you didn't like the company. Steve was enough.

You walked off, heading back to the couch and left the couple hanging. They soon joined you and Steve played your favorite movie. It was supposed to be a night full of laughter, but tonight isn't it.

Throughout the movie, you would glance at the couple. Seeing them cuddle, Steve putting his arm around Nancy's shoulder, keeping her warm. While you just sat there, getting cold in his sweater that he gave you—still wishing you were her.

Your eyes were fixed at the screen, and you felt a burning gaze on the side of your head—but you fought yourself not to look.

You grabbed a handful of popcorn, excited to throw them at each other and trying to catch it with your mouth with Steve, but as you looked towards him, him and Nancy were already doing it. Giggles and laughter filled the room, but neither of them were from you, but from them.

"I'll just go to the restroom," Nancy told Steve as she stood up. She walks off, leaving you and Steve in an awkward silence.

"Hey," he mumbles, too quiet for you to hear. "Y/n/n?" you heard him call you and you hummed as a response, not meeting his eyes. "Can you at least look at me?" he pleaded and you did.

"Are you okay?" he questioned nervously. "Yeah, why would I be not?" you showed him that smile that he knows isn't real. "You're not.." he frowns a bit, "What's the matter? Y/n, if it's about Nancy in our movie night, I'm sorry—"

"No! No, it's fine. I'm sorry if I acted like a bitch earlier, I just didn't expect her to come. And I wasn't in the mood." you admitted, which you regretted saying. "Yeah, why is that?" Steve asks in curiosity.

Just as you were about to answer, Nancy came back. "I gotta go, Dustin's probably waiting for me at the Wheeler's." you told the two as you swung your bag to your shoulder.

"I can come with you. Mike will probably ask for food from here." Nancy laughs softly, "Um, no it's fine, Nance. I can just give him the food that we didn't eat. Stay here with Steve. Have a great night." you smiled one last time before heading out.