Chapter 15

Jacob's POV:

I am in district 13 in the hospital wing for a concussion I got from the games. Luca walks in and says, "How are you doing?"

"Oh just amazing." I say sarcastically.

Luca looks at me sympathetically. I don't know why he isn't mad at me. I have sent his little sister into the capital. Probably to be murdered or tortured.

"I'm sorry. I should have saved her. I told you I would save her. It's my fault that you lost your sister." I say.

"She is gonna be fine. We'll get her out whenever we get the chance. And she isn't just my sister she is yours too."

"She is only fourteen and she is in the capital! What if they kill her? Or worse torture her?" I say.

"The capital wouldn't kill her. There would be riots in the capital." He says.

I still feel extremely guilty. She will be ok.

"Well anyway I came in to tell you that the capital is having an interview with Peeta and Aina. Peeta's is going on now. Aina's is gonna go on any minute now." He says.

I turn on the tv immediately. Peeta is saying something to Katniss I can barely listen. I need to know if Aina is ok.

It finally switches to Aina with her hair up in a signature bun. Her fake "capital smile" on. I can see a cut on her face and she slightly winces everytime she skips.

She sits next to Ceaser.

"Hello Aina."

"Hello Ceaser." She says casually.

"I saw you took quite the beating in the games." He says.

"Well it isn't to bad just a few bruises." She says.

"We talked to Peeta about Katniss but your good friend Jacob is also apart of the reballion. Do you have any thoughts on that?"

I flinch when he says my name.

"Well you see Jacob was more of a brother to me. He has always been close. And I gotta be honest here. I'm kinda offended he didn't let me in on this big plan." She says.

"Are you implying you have taken part in the plan if you were given the chance?" Ceaser says.

"I'm not implying anything. I just wish there were less secrets." She says.

She knew about the plan and she was apart of it. But she is probably trying to save her own skin bu playing dumb.

"Ah I could see how that could be frustrating." He says.

"Yeah but I'll get over it eventually." She says completely abandoning the little girl act.

"So do you have anything to say about the current war that is going on now?" Ceaser asks.

I know Aina will always be on the rebels side. But if she says so she will undoubtedly get hurt. But if she doesn't she will be seen as a traitor and may damage the rebellion.

"Well war isn't a good thing ever. And no matter what both sides lose. I personally don't like war. I just don't like the risk of death. But my brothers always told me stories of warriors who would always choose the morally correct path. So I guess what I'm saying is that you should follow the morally correct path. Whatever you believe that is." She says.

She found a good medium with her bringing in our stories and leaving out the fact that they always fought for freedom.

"Yes the morally correct path. Against war?" He says.

"War isn't good like I said, but if it is for a cause you believe in then it is worth it."

She is pushing her boundaries. Her smile has faded into a intimadatingly straight face. A face that says I'm above everyone here. A face of a leader.

"Yes chose the morally correct path. Don't be foolish and go with the rebels who are killing many." Ceaser says.

Her face goes to confusion. You can tell that is not at all what she meant. They zoom away from her face.

"Actually Ceaser that may be Peeta's words but don't put word into my mouth that I didn't say myself." She says obviously fed up.

"Oh my apologies. What were you meaning to say then?" He says.

He is trying to keep her alive by not letting her say anything damaging. He gives her a warning look.

"I mean please go with what you think is morally correct." She says calmly.

"Yes morally correct. Thank you for talking today." He says.

"Bye Ceaser." She says.

The TV turns off and Luca says, "Did that all happen to her in the games?"

"I don't know. Did you see that ending part of the games they were talking about?" I say.

Luca snaps his fingers like he figured it out.

"Peeta got mad and threw her into a tree." He says.

"What!?!?" I say.

"He was all mad, and she tried to help him out but he didn't realize it was her so he threw her into a tree." He says sadly.

"How is she always in the wrong place at the wrong time?" I say.

"I don't know it must be one of her gifts." He says.

"Peeta did that? He always seemed so peaceful though." I say.

"That's what I thought but he did that after he killed another tribute. I guess he was mad because he thought Katniss had died." He says.

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

So this one is a little shorter then normal. I am just clarifying Peeta is amazing and I don't have a problem with him.

I tried a new POV I may switch back to Jacob's or Luca's POV sometimes but I don't think it'll happen often.

I hope you liked this part.

Thank you for reading.