Chapter 6

When we get to dinner Jacob is already eating.

I get my food and me and Luca sit down. Jacob starts talking about how it is almost time for the interviews and to get our skills rated. I start to eat the little food I have on my plate.

"Aina, if you want to you can take the day off from training tomorrow you already are pretty prepared." Luca says.

I perk up at the request.

"Gracias." I say smiling.

"Don't be too excited there is still not much to do here. I can show you how to play the piano."

Luca has been trying to convince me to let him teach me how to play an instrument for years now.

"Sure why not."

Jacob let's out an overexstursted gasp.

"La princesa finally agreed."

He puts his hand on my forehead and says, "Are you alright. I think your coming down with something."

I swat his hand away laughing. Luca laughs along.

"Well tomorrow meet me at the piano in the living room." Luca says.

The rest of dinner is lighthearted and fun. When we are done eating I go to my room and change for bed.

I crawl into my bed and pull the covers up to my neck. I close my eyes and drift of to sleep.

~next morning~

I wake up and it it already 10. I get ready for the day and go straight to the living room. Luca sits on the couch.

He sees me and says, "Did you have fun sleeping in?"

"Yeah." I say still half asleep.

He sits down at the piano and I sit next to him. He starts playing simple notes naming each one.

He has me repeating after him until I can name each one on my own. Next he pulls out some sheet music.

A few simple notes sit on the page. He puts them on the piano and plays them twice.

I start to play the notes slow and choppy at first but slowly getting quicker and more on beat. Luca is patient and only laughs at my terrible mistakes.

He keeps taking out more and more sheet music I don't know where he even got all these. But I play each song carefully. He shows me a few chords.

He plays a song then I play the same song.

"Your a natural I bet if you keep practicing you will be almost as good as me in no time."

"Or better."

He laughs and starts to show me another chord. This one is more complicated and i need to reach my fingers to reach all the keys. But I do it eventually.

Luca checks his clock and says, "Tomorrow is when they rate your skills don't mess up. I gotta go now see you at dinner."

He leaves me just sitting in my own space leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I play the most complicated fast song he has over and over until I can almost do it without looking.

I hear the elevator open and Jacob walk in. He comes up behind me and says, "I heard you playing. You aren't half bad."

"Maybe, but can you do any better?"

"As a matter of fact I can"

He sits down in the middle of the stool forcing me to scoot over. He cracks his knuckles and places his hands onto the keys.

His hands start to move quickly along the piano keys. He looks concentrated and the music he plays is by far way better and more impressive them mine.

Of course because he has probably practiced for years to get this good well I have only just started today.

He laughs and says, "Yeah that was fun. Your's was still pretty good tho especially for your first day."

"But yours was amazing. Where did you learn?"

"My grandma taught me."

"Wow" is all I can make out.

He laughs and says, "You have been practicing all day. Come and get dinner."

I nod and follow him to the dining room. We are the only ones in here. We get out plates.

After about ten minutes of us eating and joking around Luca comes in. He grabs a plate and says, "I talked to Haymitch and he is trying to get Katniss to agree to be your allies."

I feel a rush of hope and realization.  We are going into the games but we won't have to fight to get Katniss and peeta as allies.

"Really!" I say.

"Yep but it isn't going to well so don't get your hopes too high."

Jacob tries to change the subject, "Well if you are all up for it we can go up and watch the sunset in like 20 minutes. Just like we used to just sit back and watch el ocaso like we used to."

"Let's do it." I say eager to keep my good day going as long as I can.

Luca agrees.

After we eat we go up to the roof and Jacob sets out a blanket. I sit down and Luca follows.

"Remember how Henry used to scare us with the story of la llorona."

"I remember that I came over one right for a sleepover and Henry told everyone a story then scared us later my knocking on our windows." Jacob says.

"I have never heard so many screams all at once." I say.

They laugh and we watch the sun go down reminiscing on old memories. After the sun goes down we sit in silence for a few second before getting up and leaving.

"Ok you two go to bed tomorrow is the day when they rate your skills. So rest up." Luca says.

"Fine" I say jokingly and go to my room. I get into my pajamas and take a quick shower. I dry my hair with a towel and lay down in my bed.

I pull the blankets over my head and it takes a second but eventually I fall asleep.

💛💛💛💛💛💛💛

Hello! Sorry there were rly no hunger games characters in this chapter just my oc's. Next chapter there will be some I promise!

Thank you for reading!