Prologue

--Authors Note:--

This Fanfic will be following along with the events of Harry Potter starting off just before year one. The story line (harry potter wise) is not mine Harry Potter was written by J.K. Rowling and all of the characters in this fanfic also belong to her with the exception of:

-Sierra Barrows

-Dante Leveret

-Dante Leveret

-Kacey Adams

- The McGraths

- The McGraths

-Madam Stevens

-Terrence Snyde

-----

(Before Hogwarts Invitation)

Sierra woke up and looked up into the ceiling above her, the paint was cracked and yellowed by age. Turning her head to see if anyone else was awake she greeted by snores and and some sleep talk. Sitting up on the bed her muscles ached from sleeping on the hard box spring, she slipped out of bed taking a box out from underneath the metal bed, the small box held all of her belongings. Some kids in the orphanage had more items but considering she was brought to the orphanage as a newborn she only had what was donated to her.

Taking out a clean set of clothes Sierra ran into the bathroom to change, one of the perks of waking up first was full bathroom access and no left overs for breakfast. Once she was done she quickly ran a brush through her hair before running down the stairs. The smell of eggs filling her nose, they had the same thing everyday but sometimes people would bring donuts and sweets for the orphanage.

She sat down at the breakfast table picking up a paper plate, she served herself some eggs, ham, and apple slices. She was just about to take a bite when she heard a chuckle from behind her.

"Sierra, I'm glad you're up early today as always" Madam Stevens said putting her hand on Sierra's shoulder.

Madam Stevens was in charge of the adoptions and she often helped and checked in to make sure things were going smoothly in the orphanage. She was a tall and slender woman with blonde hair and kind blue eyes. In comparison to other volunteers she was a complete angel.

"Come to my office after you're done I have something to talk to you about"

Sierra nodded already having a feeling what it was about. She had made a kid cry the other day, but honestly they deserved it, she had told him to not touch her but he insisted, she pushed him and a cut appeared on his hand which honestly she had absolutely no idea how that had happened.

Sierra continued to eat her breakfast and soon the table was full with the other kids. Another good benefit of waking up early was not having to help with dishes since she would usually be long gone when that time came around.

Throwing her plate away she made her way up the stairs to Madam Stevens office, walking into the room she had noticed two other people standing there, she recognized them, they had been in the orphanage a few times. Madam Stevens stood up from her desk walking over to Sierra.

"Darling, please take a seat I want to introduce you to someone" she said in a soothing voice.

Sierra sat down on a bean bag that was in the room looking around nervously. Was she in trouble? Were these people here to take her to another orphanage?

"Sierra this is Mr. and Mrs. McGrath you may have noticed them visiting before, you see they are looking for a new addition to their family." Madam Stevens said with a cheerful smile.

Sierra turned to look at the two people in front of her. The man was a tall brunette with gentle features dressed in an elegant formal suit. The lady had long blonde hair and was dressed in a blue dress with a pearl necklace. Is this really happening right now? She thought to herself. She'd waited forever for this to happen. Ever since she could comprehend her position she had tried the absolute best to be the picture perfect kid in hopes that someone would adopt her. She always had made things into a competition, she was the best student, and always did and kept her things perfect. In hopes that someone visiting the orphanage would notice her and take her. Because who wouldn't want a successful kid?

"Hey Sweetheart, how would you feel if we took you home with us?" Mrs. McGrath asked getting closer to Sierra.

Feeling tears come to her eyes Sierra looked up at Mrs.McGrath with hopeful eyes. "Do you really mean it?" she asked.

Seeing Mrs.McGrath nod Sierra gave her a tight hug feeling the hot tears escape her eyes into her shoulder. She almost had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming, someone finally wanted her after ten years of sitting there looking like a lost dog wondering when someone would finally care.

"I won't fail you, I'll do all the chores and I'll do well in school, I'll be the perfect child"

--

Moving into her new home was a breeze, she had her own room to herself and they had a cute dog named Chester. It had been about six months since Sierra left the orphanage, school was starting up pretty soon but most importantly today was her birthday.

Sierra was up in the morning as usual, she headed towards the kitchen, a nice breakfast was set out for her with a little sticky note:

Happy Birthday Love,

We'll be back by lunch time, get ready because we're going to the zoo.

- Mom and Dad

Sierra smiled reading the note and ate her breakfast, washing the dishes after she was done she made sure the kitchen was spotless so Mrs. McGrath didn't have to do anything once she got home. Sierra went back into her bedroom brushing out her hair and getting into some new clothes. In her time with her new family they had taught her all about manners, fancy table etiquette, how to be smart with her words and most importantly, how to dress. She put on a brown sweater with some jeans and waited until her parents got home.

A few hours later the front door opened and Sierra ran over to meet her parents. She was greeted with hugs and Mrs. McGrath placed a letter in her hand "You got this in the mail sweetheart, it has your name on it"

The letter was fancy, it had a wax seal and everything. Curious, Sierra opened it reading out loud the letter "Sierra Barrows you have been formally invited to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Confused she looked up at her parents who had turned pale.

"What's wrong?"