Death in the Family

Hi Batman fans, this one-shot is about Jason's death, or rather about Batman's reaction during the journey to save Jason. I would like to point out that there will be references to the comic book "Death in the Family" and the animated film "Batman under the Red Hood" that I strongly recommend. The music too and I advise you to play it from the beginning.

POV Bruce

Jason Todd is the name of the second Robin, my partner, my soldier and my son. I picked him up on the street as he was trying to get the tires from the Batmobile. From there, I adopted him, trained him to be the new Robin. I thought the anger and rage he possessed could be used productively for the good of Gotham. While on patrol, he discovered that his real mother was still alive and had gone to look for her. I tracked him down in the Middle East while I was investigating what Ra's was planning, and I helped him find his mother. On that patrol, Jason and I got separated, and now he's in the hands of the joker.

Hardly out of the warehouse where I've been, I run towards the Batmoto and head towards Jason's signal, which is about a hundred km away from where I am. As I'm on my way to save Robin, I hear the Joker hit my partner with a gun, as well as my partner's scream, my son's scream. How dare this monster hit a child who saves innocent people! how dare he touch his son! by the time he comes to his senses, he hears Jason screaming in pain.

- "Arghhh! you. . . you can keep that up, I can't feel a thing!"

- "Oh, if it was gonna hurt. "

I can hear the Joker answering my son before I hear him screaming in pain again. I'm stepping up the pace again to stop this appalling torture.

- "Ah that must have hurt even more, let's try to figure out, kid, what hurts more" said the Joker before he continued to hit the Joker

-"A?".

- "Ah!"

- "Or B?"

- "Ah! Oh!"

-"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

I hear my son's cry of pain all along my run and I'm not even there to save him, to protect him from the Joker, but I'll save him, I'll make it !

- "Hey! What are you trying to say, my boy?"

- "Go to hell, you scumbag!" answers Jason by spitting in his face before the Joker smashes his face on the ground

- "Here are some of the rude ones, the first little prodigy, was well raised to him"

I know that Jason, couldn't be like Dick, he was a child of the ball growing up in the spotlight while Jason had grown up all his childhood on the streets of crime alley. Now I hear again and again the sound of Jason's voice crying out of pain because of the Joker hitting him with a deer's foot. After several minutes, I arrive at the warehouse level, not bothering to land with the bike, I jump from it just to see the building explode with Jason inside.

- "JASONNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!"

I dash into the ruins of the warehouse, digging through every pile of rubble and digging into every nook and cranny to find Robin. As I saw an arm next to a pile of rubble, I stepped forward to find Jason's lifeless body. I pick up his body, tears in his eyes and head down. I failed as a mentor, as a partner and as a father, I failed her. My son is dead.

Yep, the fun is in this one shot. Seriously, I know that the fans may have noticed some little quotes from other comics, but hey. I hope that you more, I leave you with a great announcement that will please more than one person and this announcement is

. . . No all well thought out I'll tell you next time. 😝😝