⚜️22 ⚜️

Elise PoV

Life had a funny way of always throwing you in the limelight when you least expect it. And that's what I hated. All that attention, gawking and questioning looks directed at myself made me feel nauseated.
But the bile rising up my throat stopped midway when I heard a reporter question,
" Are you pregnant?".
Yeah I wasn't going to vomit and feed more fuel to the fire. Throwing another fake smile at the paparazzi I entered the hotel. I huffed, how the hell do people survive with drama in their lives!?

Trying to forget my personal life, I put on a professional smile and asked the receptionist for the conference room. David had not only called me impromptu but the dumbass dint even tell me what the meeting was going to be about. And since I was livid at him, I wasn't going to call him.

Ten minutes into preparing some refreshments for the mighty asshole when Mr. & Mrs. Thour entered the room. I quickly masked my surprise with a smile as I welcomed them in.

" Hello Beautiful Elise." Steve Thour, the ever gentleman said. I fauxed kissed their cheeks before we all settled down .

" David isn't here yet?" Sonya Thour asked and I grimaced.

The one time when I dint know the agenda, is when David decided to be late. I swore at him in my head.

"Why don't you two have a seat, I'm sure he'll be here in no time." I said and gave the couple a smile before I settled opposite them.

"Morning Everyone." David said as he finally made a presence.

I looked at him and knew man was going to be as charming as ever. He walked behind my chair and placed a kiss on my cheek before seating next to me.
WTF!
I throw a fake smile towards the couple and looked at David. I'm sure he could see the venom in my eyes.

"Aren't you two adorable!" Sonya gushed and I swear I got even more pissed.

"Thank you for your kind words, Sonya." I spoke before giving David a bombastic side eye.

" Now that the pleasantries are out of the way," Mr. Thour said, " let's get down to business. Sonya and I would like to talk to  you two regarding something."

Ah so it wasn't David who wanted to meet. Interesting.

"As you both know we don't have any children..." Sonya spoke, holding Steve's hand that was on the table.
"... And so we've decided to put our business on you twos name."

Bomb dropped.
Pin drop silence.
I was stunned and so was David.

Steve filled the awkward silence by speaking,
" David you're like a son to us. You're an optimist, always working hard and passionate about the work you do." Steve looked at David with admiration in his eyes before he continued speaking, " ... and with Elise on your side, we could not ask for anything better. You'll make our company reach new heights."

" We cannot accept this Steve." David finally uttered something before he was shunned by Sonya.

" You have no choice but to." Sonya gave a little giggle, "It's your wedding gift from us." Sonya said

And the word wedding had me choking on air.

"We've already signed the papers, just you and Elise have to now." Steve said sliding a khaki envelope towards us.

" Steve, Sonya, this is too much." I began speaking, "David is absolutely right. We cannot accept this."

"Oh come on!" Sonya spoke, "Just open it." She said pushing the envelope closer to us.