⚜️1⚜️

{Elise's PoV}

I was enjoying eating my popsicle. Summer had began and eating this colourful flavoured ice was heavenly. My legs were propped up on my desk and I was nodding my head along with the music that was blasting from my speakers.  Life was chilling ever since Sophie was the boss. She was the coolest woman I'd seen on earth. Strict, Yes, but nonetheless cool.
Where was she when I needed her to eat this lolly with?
It was lunch time and she had gone to get some healthy lunch. The woman was round and she was just 5 months pregnant

I felt the stare as she came closer to me,
" You gotta stop with the staring baby, it gets freaky." I spoke, turning around to meet my best friend but the person who stood in front of me was none other than my nightmare.

Tall, proud and handsome he stood as his dark brown eyes stared at me in disapproval. Oh yes my legs were still on the desk and the popsicle was dripping down my hand. I'm sure I resembled a five year old toddler.

I embarrassingly put my legs down,
" David, you're alive!" I spoke enthusiastically and I cursed. Way to go Elise. What happened to trying to be friendly with the ass? But I couldn't do anything,  I had no filter in my mouth. I uttered the first thing that always came to my mind and that caused problems.
Gigantic problems all involving my boss.

" I wouldn't be standing in front of you if I weren't." He spoke rudely and I sighed.
Gosh, how I missed his annoying, sexy voice..

Boring 8 months later, I was finally seeing him. Not that I liked David Faverly, but rather tolerated him. We both knew shit about the other. The both of us having news which nosy people would love to have. It was something we couldn't share to the outside world. And so we had a deal where we had no choice but to endure the other.

" I see your rudeness has still not changed." I told him as I threw my poor popsicle away.

It was meant for the flies to eat and not poor ole me.
I was already feeling unlucky and only five minutes were done for him to be here.

" And your lameness hasn't changed either. So shut up and tell me what the fuck happened to my office." He said and I cringed.

I looked around his office and mentally cried .
Why? Why did Sophie have to be pregnant? Not that I was jealous of her or hated it but because of her, the entire floor was colourful with flowers and fancy couches that were maternity friendly . Her Romeo, a.k.a Adam wanted her to be the most comfortable when she worked and whilst it was meant for her, I enjoyed it more than she did.

" Urgh well you know..." I stuttered not knowing how to explain myself to the 6'4 ft giant. Yes I had done my research. And after working for him for 2 years,  I even knew his underwear size. Well, it unfortunately came with being his secretory, I had to email fashion designers his measurements all the freaking time. I knew them so well that I could recite them even in my sleep.

My boss was one tall, muscular man with a permanent scrawl on his face. intimidating everyone except me. But today, seeing him after 8 months, I was feeling nervous.
Why did he have to come back already?

" Eli you need to taste this..." Sophie moaned as she entered the office. I stared wide eyed as David turned to look at Sophie and his frown deepened.
Oh goodness me!

"Who's this Elise?" David asked at the same time Sophie did. How was I going to tell David the office was girly because of Sophie? And how was I going to tell Sophie David was back and she had to go back home.

When Sophie discovered she was pregnant, Adam told her to no longer work and they fought. They didn't talk for a day and then, they fucked like rabbits.
How did I know?
Well the hickeys that were all over Sophie said it all.

" Well." I cleared my throat as I spoke. "Sophie this is David Faverly. David this is Sophie Larsen." Hopefully me saying Sophie's last name, David would control his anger.

" Oh Hello. I'm so sorry but I wasn't informed of you getting discharged." Sophie said as she frowned.

" It's fine no one knows." David gruffly replied.

" Discharged? Discharged from where?" I asked confused. What were they talking about?

" None of your concern Elise. Get back to work, it's 2." David snapped at me and I rolled my eyes. The guy always had a stick stuck up his ass.

I watched Sophie walk to her seat before she called Adam. She called him and told him to immediately come, and now it was just moments before he came running.

At exactly 2:15, Adam strolled in like a boss. Both him and David were cousins. Both were handsome hunks with a dangerous aura, an attached arrogance and an over sized ego. But not like women cared for that, as long as they had loads of  money, good looks and a long dick they didn't mind.

" Hello Preciosa." Adam said calling his wife precious and I mentally squealed. I watched awed as she talked to her husband. The way the two of them were, so cute and so romantic. I'd say they were the perfect couple because they both completed the other. They understood each other so well that I got jealous at times. When would I get a husband who'd randomly just pop up to my work for a kiss?

" Hermano." David said breaking the couples bubble and I watched as Adam turned to look at David shocked. A big smile lit on Adams face making him more handsome and David grinned making my jaw drop. The David Faverly knew how to curve his red lips upwards!
What!

I quickly took my phone out and took a picture. Yes I was going to use this picture to get one of my works done. I smiled a Cheshire grin as I watched the cousins hug. They exchanged a few words in Italian and I rolled my eyes. How rude of them! but not like they cared about anyone. They were spoon fed from childhood to only care about their status and ego.

" So you're responsible for making my business grow." David said as he kissed Sophie's cheek and as Sophie smiled, Adam clenched his jaw.
Possesive Alpha mode activated.
Damn the dude even hated it when I called Sophie baby and I was her best friend! I swear love does wonders to people!

" Well with the assistance of Elise. She really is a great secretary." Sophie said breaking my train of thoughts. I looked up at her smiling face and gave her a flying kiss. At least one person in this room appreciated me.

" That's her job Mrs Larsen." David muttered and I rolled my eyes. See what i meant, he can never digest any good word said to me. Sophie and Adam said their farewells and I watched awed as Adam held her waist and walked out.
Weren't they just a cute family!

" If you're done drooling over them, you can get back to work." David said rudely and I groaned out loud,

" I wasn't drooling!" I said and he completely ignored me.

I sat on my seat and banged my head against the table. Not literally, I put my palm and then hit my head, I don't want any self-caused bruises on my face.

" Stop acting over dramatic." David said and I looked up at him. He saw me do that! How embarrassing and the worst, the mother pampered ass freaking recorded it.

I sighed and cupped my face. My life was officially going to be hell now cause none other than the Lucifer decided to come back.
Why lord why?

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

Share your thoughts by commenting, voting and don't forget to share!

.