⚜️12⚜️

ELISE's  PoV

When David noticed his phone was down, he dropped me on the floor and went to pick his beloved phone
Literally!
I screeched in surprise as I hit the floor. I fell on my derrière with a loud thud and pain shot right up my spine. I muttered a low fuck and watched with clenched eyes as David picked his phone up and downright ignored. Ah who could be so cruel to ignore  the plight of a woman? None other then Lucifer, my beloved .

After that little incident, David didn't talk to me. He was angry and I very had a sore ass to remind my self what happened when I done foolish things. Thus I sat like a sore loser on a bar stool and watched David furiously type on his screen. After watching him for five minutes and yawning for like the tenth time, I returned to David's room. It was just 6 :30 pm, but I was bored so I was going to embrace the sleep that wanted me. I collapsed on the couch  and sighed at the feel of the soft cushion. Oh goodness me, it was even much better than the ones I had at home. Getting in a comfortable position, I knocked out, not caring about the outside world for a while.

Lauren woke me up around 8 pm saying we were to reach the shore soon. I couldn't explain the relief I felt when she told me that. I thanked her and after she went, I freshened myself. I wore my previous clothes and neatly folded David's top and the bikini. Holding it in my hands, I then walked out after tidying the room a little though leaving the cupboards still jumbled.
Let David suffer!

When we reached, I thanked Thomas and his staff for their hospitality as they offloaded the excess luggage. I looked around for David but couldn't find him. Thinking he was still pissed with me, I left the yacht. Couldn't be bothered with him cause it honestly felt good to walk on land again. I passed the lodge which was heavily packed with sweaty people and rushed to my car. Goodness me, I could already feel my bed calling me. Oh honey, Im gonna be home in just an hour.

The next morning I woke up late for work. I had only 20 minutes at hand to quickly shower, change and have breakfast. Skipping breakfast wasn't an option as I hadn't eaten dinner the previous night and so I hyperventilated and screamed as I tried to get everything sorted out.

When only two minutes were left for 8 am , I ran out of my house. My hair was still unkept and the buttons of my shirt weren't all closed but I cared not. Lucifer was going to butcher me if I was later than quarter past. After nearly bumping into three cars and nearly dying, I reached the office with 5 minutes to spare. In that time, I tried to tame my wild hair and fix my appearance as much as I could.

Stepping out into the gravel I cursed, I had worn my old black skirt instead of the new one, I only realised it in the sunlight where the faded colour could easily be seen.
How not so Professional!

Cursing myself I walked into the building. Hundreds of eyes followed me and I tried not to cringe, I entered the fifth floor and asked Aurora, a secretory to call David but the woman just gapped at me.

" When did it happen?" She randomly asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

" What?" I asked confused.

" Why didn't you tell me? I thought we were friends." She said and I got even more confused, what was this woman saying.

" Aurora I'm not sure I know what you're talking about." I said as politely as I could, but I knew I sounded rude.

" This!" She said slamming a newspaper in my hand, "this is what I'm talking about."

I didn't even look down at the newspaper. I'm sure she was showing me about David's latest conquest, I almost rolled my eyes when I realised no one except I  was seen last with him. I quickly opened the page and my eyes widened at what I read.
Fuck no, no ways!

" Call David quickly please!" I said almost panicking.

" I already called him, his elevator is waiting for you." Aurora said full of attitude. I had no time to put her on her place and so quickly rushed to the top most floor.

My foot tapped nervously on the elevator floor, my breaths were quick and my teeth clenched as I re-read the newspaper. The moment the doors opened, I had no mercy. I walked straight to David's desk and slammed the newspaper.

" Why am I on the front page  of E Magazine?" I asked seething." Remove this bullshit this instant."

David calmly looked at the paper before looking up at me. He grabbed hold of my fisted palm which held the  paper down and whilst his  fingers rubbed circles on my hand, he read the paper. After reading the whole thing, he sighed and closed  his eyes before looking back at me.

" Have a seat." He said and I almost refused but he murmured a  please and I reluctantly agreed. I huffed and sat opposite him.

" Where should I begin?" He whispered and I sarcastically answered, " from the beginning, from letter A."

He pinched his nose and I narrowed my eyes, he only done that when he was stressed or something he didn't like happened.

" Lauren is responsible for this." David said and I looked at him in disbelief, whaattt , My eyes reflected my thoughts .

" Yes. You already know how they got arranged married right, they want to show they are happy and they actually like each other." David said as he explained further ," Lauren's grandfather,  Charles Sashè...."

" The Charles Sashè!" I interrupted him and when he nodded, my eyes widened further. Ruthless, businessman Charles Sashè, who didn't know him.

".... agreed with Thomas's mother, Christina Rowy to get the two married and then only will Charles allow them access to the Eastern Port." David said and I gapped.

I couldn't believe the Thomas I met yesterday was the  Rowy and Lauren was the Sashè heir. Bloody hell, they're arrangement was insane. The both of them were insanely influential, filthy rich and Harvard graduates. Growing up, I had heard news on their achievements and after a bit of sniffing, I had even envied them but why couldn't I remember them yesterday.

" Okay I understand  they need to show the public they're sick in love and what not." I said, " but why involve us two. Why lie that I'm soon to be Mrs Faverly and Why put such kind of pictures?" I asked frowning. The pictures were amazing, coincidently both me and David were smiling in one picture and in the other, I was handing the coconut to David, the captions however were cringeworthy.

" Blame yourself for that." David said and I frowned,

"Excuse me, I didn't tell her you chained me down, I only said I was your girlfriend." I retorted back angrily.

" Exactly, the way we were with each other convinced Lauren that you're the one I'm going to marry." He said nonchalantly.

" What the fuck? How?" I threw my hands in the air as I swore.

" That's not the worst part honey, " David said and noticing his serious expression, I knew the worst was  to come. I held my breath as I waited for him to talk.

" My mother knows and now she wants to meet you." David said and I gasped in horror .

Fuck, which hot soup had I unwontedly gotten myself into?

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

#Vote, Comment and Share

.