⚜️11⚜️

ELISE's POV

I knew David's arrogant ass wasn't ever going to apologise for what he done and so I forgot about it. You know the saying forgive and forget , yeah well I was going to utilise it today. After all, it was partially my fault for saying I was his girlfriend.
Partially! It was wholly my fault.

I was just going to be the bigger person and let his actions slide. Wait talking about bigger person, I just realised whilst I was just 24, David was 28!

" Omg Davy you're 28 years old!" I said looking incredulously at him.

" And...?" David asked dryly as he stretched out on the beach chair opposite mine. That's when I noticed his attire, dark brown shorts paired with a dark blue and white stripped Polo top, he looked like a runaway model with his aviators.
Why did he have to be so arrogantly hot?

" You're not married?" I said

"28 doesn't mean you have to be married." he cut me off  as I continued talking,

" ...or have a girlfriend, or even aren't meeting someone for that matter."

" Weren't you my girlfriend?" He asked with a raised brow and I scrawled in his direction.

Before I could retort, the arranged couple arrived by us. They gave us a small smile and I gave a fake one of my own. I'd give them a hats off though, they faked being a happy couple so perfectly that I actually believed they loved each other.

A waiter came and placed  two big green coconuts on the coffee table. I was so giddy as I looked at them. I couldn't remember when I last enjoyed such fresh coconut juice. I was just about to pick one up when David spoke.

" Honey come here." David said patting his thigh and I almost showed him my middle finger. Was I an obedient dog to follow his command? I glared at him angrily and he winked in my direction.

" Let Lauren and Tom sit there and share their coconut and we could share ours." He said and I fisted my palm. I clenched my teeth but offered the couple another fake smile before I stood up and sat on the edge of Davids seat. He  smirked in my direction as he held the coconut

" Here honey." David said so sweetly that I wanted to gag.

" Why don't  you do the honours of drinking first?" I said and he shrugged his shoulders and drank the coconut. I felt my throat parch but I wasn't going to ask David to give me some of the fresh juice, I wasn't going to share his straw and neither could I ask for another one.

I looked at the couple and almost rolled my eyes, Thomas sat with Lauren in his laps and whilst his hands held her hips, her hands held the coconut and made him drink. Oh my god, someone call the Oscars  and tell them to award this couple immediately, they totally deserved it!

~~~~~~~~

After that whole coconut thing, we had a light supper in the outdoor sitting area . I was grateful cause I was fucking starving. The asshole didn't even offer me the coconut a second time but rather drank everything himself.
Savage!

We ate friend rice and chicken skewers with a beer in our hand and a light conversation amongst us. Thank goodness Lauren forgot to interrogate me. All her focus was on Thomas, she was hopelessly crushing on him and he didn't even notice any of her subtle gestures or smiles.

I discovered the yacht belonged to Thomas who was David's childhood friend and Lauren apparently, was his mums best friends daughter, complicated relationship I know. When David told me who she was, I couldn't help and tease him on how his mom must have played match making.

" Do you think there's some Dessert?" I whispered to David as the couple went to wash their hands in the kitchen .

" No."  David replied rudely, shattering all my excitement "...and why are you whispering?" David asked and I rolled my eyes.

I didn't want neither Thomas or any of his staff members to hear me. They'd think I was one of those pompous bitches who looked for faults no matter how perfect everything was. But the truth was after such a delicious meal, I desperately wanted something sweet.

"Elise!" Lauren said catching mine and David's attention. I looked in her direction and she hinted at me to go closer to her. Confused, I approached her and when close, she unexpectedly pulled me into a hug.

" Thank you so much for staying and spending some time with us." Lauren whispered in my ear, " I really appreciate it. I got to spend more time with Thomas then I usually do and it's all cause of you and David, thank you so much."

I awkwardly patted her back and tried to speak back in her ear .

" Its my pleasure." When in reality it wasn't. What had I even done other than be the fourth wheeler amongst them. She finally stopped hugging me and I was relieved. Her expensive perfume was making me feel weird. I gave her an awkward smile and stepped back.

" I'm going to nap now okay. I'll see you later then." Lauren said and I waved her goodbye.
Finally, if she was gone, I could escape from here.

I walked towards David and slumped against my barstool.

" How long before we go on shore?" I asked David noticing him typing in a foreign language on his phone. He didn't look in my direction or even blink, he just kept typing.
Fucking asshole.

" David?" Ignored.

" Davy!" Once again ignored.

Heck he even ignored me when I called him Lucifer. Having enough of his arrogance , I rounded his chair, and sat opposite him and pulled his phone from his grasp.

" What the fuck Elise!" David growled in my direction as he attempted to pull the phone back from me.

" Answer my question and I'll give it back to you." I stubbornly said and held it behind my back.

" I'm in the middle of something important Elise, give me my fucking phone back!" David said, his nose flaring in anger and I wanted to laugh.

" Yes and I'm in the middle of the middle of your something important, so simply answer my question."
I said giving him a big smile.

" Fucking hell what's your question?" David asked fisting his palm and I smiled mischievously.

"uh uh I'm not telling you, you're supposed to remember everything your girlfriend says. Especially if said girlfriend is your secretary." I said grinning in his direction.

" Oh is it?" He asked raising a brow and I nodded my head. He smirked in my direction and I furrowed my eyebrows as he pulled my barstool extremely close to his own, letting  my legs be between his . He grabbed my hips and effortlessly lifted me up. I squealed in surprise and went to grab his shoulders and  in the process, dropped his expensive phone. I screamed as I watched it slowly fall.

Oh Lord, I was officially doomed!

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

# Vote, Comment and Share!

.