⚜️3⚜️

{Elise's PoV}

I was tapping the glass table as I waited for my food. All the men had gotten theirs and I, who was the hungriest, didn't get mine yet.

" Hello snake eyes" the twin sitting across me said.

" Hello Ape." I gave him a sarcastic smile. He  smirked at me before he ate the lettuce leaves on his salad plate, the dressing dripping down his lips.
See why I called him Ape.
Both twins absolutely loved greens and for men their size, you'd expect them to like meat but no, salad it is. And the way they ate, you'd  always find some sauce smeared on their face.

Isaac and Isaiah Carter were the hottest twins at the age of 27. Successful rich brats who thought everyone was the dust they brushed off their tailor made, expensive suits. They were filthy rich, inheriting their ancestors wealth. But since the age of twenty four, they were known as the best architects in America. And then there's me , at the age of twenty four , forced to be a secretory with the nickname snake eyes.
What a pity!

'Snake eyes'  was a nickname Isaiah came up with. Apparently my green eyes were that of a snake which hypnotised you to belief I was innocent when in reality, I was a toxic poison which was deadly.

" How's your latest conquest?" I asked Isaiah.

He was the only one to acknowledge me whenever we had lunch together. Whilst one twin was evil, the other one was a devil. After all, they were Lucifers best friends, you wouldn't expect them to be sweet cherries.

" Ask Isaiah ." The twin said and I mentally face palmed. I was talking to Isaac, the devil.
Why didn't I noticed where the beauty spot was? The two brothers could get distinguished with only a black dot. One brother had it on the right jaw and the other on the left. However, no matter how many tries I did, I'd never differentiate the two. Obviously how could I, the brothers had grown a stubble this time and looked devilishly handsome, but I wasn't going to tell them.

I looked at Isaiah and sighed. David and him were engrossed with talking about some weird material which they wanted to use to build the next restaurant. I wasn't going to bother the two and so waited till Sasha bought my plate.

" Enjoy your meal." She sweetly said but I could see her temper was still present. I returned her smile, too excited to eat my food . I took my fork and cut the roll and watched the white sauce ooze from the sides.

I lifted one half and took a big bite .Heavenly! I could taste every ingredient from the tangy mayonnaise to the tiny breadcrumbs on the chicken, making me moan out loud.

The sound of chuckling broke me from my moaning trance. I opened my eyes annoyed to see all three men looking at me with amusement in their eyes. I chewed my food slowly, embarrassment washing over me when I turned to look at David. He had his iPhone facing me, no doubt recording my whole ordeal.

The meal finished excruciatingly slow. Isaac, Isaiah and David mocked me in Italian and Isaac, the devil, moaned on every other bite of his salad. At first I thought he was enjoying his meal, like come on salad is not even that delicious and then I realised, he was just imitating me. I was beyond embarrassed with cheeks filled with blood.
Way to act like a savage, Elise.

Soon after, dessert followed. I ordered a chocolate lava cake with cream. David and Isaac didn't want anything and so Isaiah and I were the only ones to remain eating. And so once again the attention stuck to me. All six eyes watched me as I awkwardly ate the cake. I couldn't even savour the chocolate and so I had no choice but to leave all the rich sauce.

At 1:30 pm, we finally got rid of the twins. I was so relieved that I enthusiastically said good bye to them. David looked at me with a brow raised and I just widened my smile. I walked to the car and entered before Mr. Carl could open the door.

Mr. Carl drove us back to the office. The car was dead silent. The breaths I was taking were annoyingly loud in the car but I wasn't bothered to start a conversation. Mr Carl dropped us at the entrance and I waved at him a bye. David strolled inside already and I rushed after him. My skirt was restricting me from taking big steps but I didn't want to get left behind.

David Faverly was an asshole. He never had the courtesy to wait for a woman. If you didn't walk along with his big steps, then you'd be forced to take the other elevators. The elevators which stopped for two minutes at every fucking floor until the fifth floor. And then from the fifth floor, you'd have to take the stairs to reach the sixth floor, the floor which is exclusively Mr. Faverly's. The door is forever locked and so you have to knock like a lunatic until David finally has mercy on you and opens the door. And trust me, that will never happen. Mercy and David Faverly are poles apart. After all, Lucifer can't have mercy, can he?

I huffed as I finally made it to David's elevator before it closed.

"Couldn't you have walked a tad bit slower?" I said as I took in deep breaths.

"Who tells you to walk like a snail?" He said looking at my short self with those dark assessing eyes.

" Psht, If I walked like a snail I wouldn't be here." I retorted and the asshole ignored me.

He checked the time on his watch before he talked to me again,
" Where have Rebecca and Julie gone?"

" Obviously, they must be having lunch Davy." I said rolling my eyes.

" Press the button for the third floor." David commanded. I looked at him with raised eyebrows, Why would he want to go to the cafeteria? He never goes there. David looked at me and I begrudgingly pressed the third button. That's when I saw the time on my wrist watch. 1:45 pm, No ways.

Lunch was supposed to be over. As much as Chef Frankie's food was delicious, everyone knew not to stall too much. So what the fuck happened today? Where was everyone? I realised neither Rebecca or Julie were at the reception, nor Gary was strolling around wordlessly.
Oh fuck no!

I had already pressed the third button. I looked at David and noticed his clenched jaw. Shit, that meant he was pissed. He was going to stay angry throughout the whole evening and then make me suffer more.

The elevator doors opened and my eyes widened. David was going to blast everyone today for not being present at their places on time. Oh fuck, I couldn't get my colleagues in shit.

" Urm Davy.." I said trying to distract him but the man didn't even look at me, he strolled out into the lobby and I silently screamed.

I rushed after him and what I saw next made me gasp out loud.
Fuck!

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

#Dont forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

.