⚜️ 17 ⚜️

ELISE's PoV

Ignoring the tingle on my lips, I quickly walked behind David into the ballroom.
Why the fuck did he kiss me? I desperately wanted to ask David. I wasn't going to accept cause of no lipstick. But before I could ask anything we reached two massive wooden doors. David turned to look in my direction. His eyes trailed dangerously slowly from my hair to my toe, making me almost shudder as he nodded.

"It's show time!" He murmured before he pulled me closer to himself.
What's up with him?
He held my hand and locked it in his before nodding to the doorman. As soon as we took a step into the entrance, thousand different eyes turned in our direction. Every gaze pierced and every eye had questions flashing in them.
Why did I feel like I was going to be eaten alive?

" Everyone is staring at me like I'm their next meal." I told David as we walked towards a couple to great them. My cheeks pained from fake smiling and I hated the attention I was getting.

"Ignore them." David said before we reached another couple, Mr and Mrs.Thour. They were one of the biggest stakeholders in David's company. The couple had no children so they treated David as their own.

"I see you finally had the courage to ask Elise out," Sonya Thour spoke, "I've been waiting for this moment for forever." She said clapping her hands happily.

The woman was so giddy as she looked at David and I. I was sure the wheels were spinning and she was thinking of wedding venues and all. I simply just smiled at the woman but not before noticing the blush on David's cheeks.
Oh, the colour looked weird on his skin.
A good weird

Whilst they talked amongst themselves, I was bored. I had learnt David utilised every minute of such functions to initiate and discuss business with other potential businesses. David and Mr. Thour were talking about another investment. Mrs Thour excused herself by going to the bar and I envied her at the moment.

David didn't even glance in my direction yet his hold on my waist didn't waver. It was the first time we were making a public appearance after the rumours of us being together. And after that hot kiss, I didn't want to stay with him. I was feeling awkward and my eyes just kept straying to how his lips moved as he talked. It was unbelievable. Never in a million years would I have expected David to kiss me.

When the stares got more than enough, I excused myself. Not only women, but men stared at David and I as well. It was getting annoying. They were acting like they'd never seen David and I together before. Obviously, I'd attended functions with David as his secretory prior to this one.They knew me already, yet that didn't stop them from staring at me like I'm a stranger.

I walked towards the refreshment room hearing the hushed whispers as I walked. I tried my very best to just ignore them. But it wasn't easy. Especially when I heard one woman say "I heard she's pregnant with his child. Why else would he marry her?" I clenched my palm.
Fucking Nosy people!
And me with David's child? If kissing lead to babies being made, then congratulations to me, I was soon to be a mother!

I entered the room and sighed. Finally! It felt relieving being away from gawkers. I rinsed my hands and placed them under the hand-drier when a soft, feminine voice spoke.

"I see the guests have given you the warmest welcome," I turned around to look at the woman and my eyes dilated.

Power oozed from the older strange woman. Her eyes were expressionless yet her lips were curved upwards. Dressed in a dark blue dress, she looked regal. I would have never guessed it was her who spoke if there were other people in the room.