The Spanish Lady

The Spanish Lady, in which we go on vacation in Spain, and spend our time doing tourist-y things.

SASSMASTER

Okay, for the record, I didn't mean to kiss her! It was just an instinct. No, not Sienna... nor was it AJ because ew, I'm not a pedophile or something! No, no, I kissed Marcy. I kissed her when the plane landed in Spain, because she was right there and I was so happy to be alive. The place went through a bunch of turbulence, and the moment we were safe and sound, I leant over and just gave this sloppy, gross kiss. She laughed, sure, but I still feel like it was an awful idea... mostly because Liam keeps telling me it was. 

Thing is, I do this a lot. The whole, irrational decisions thing. I'm an impulsive person that doesn't know what things are called, and sometimes offends people by telling them truth, but that's fine, because them knowing the truth is worth the five minutes they're pissed at me, most of the time. The point is,  I don't really think things through as much as I should.

"Are you in love with Marcy?"

"No, AJ."

"Are you going to kiss her again?"

"No, AJ."

"Do you fancy her?"

"No, AJ."

"Why'd you kiss her, then?"

"I was happy."

"You didn't kiss me when you were happy."

"That's different."

"How?"

I was caught off guard. Why was it different? Other than the fact that AJ is way too young for me to be kissing, was there even anything different about it? My first answer was going to be 'because you're too young,' but at the last second, I changed my mind.

"Because we're family."

AJ was silent then, probably pondering things. Maybe she was wondering about her mum, and how Sienna probably gave her lots of kisses. She seemed like that kind of parent. AJ opened and closed her mouth more than once, like a fish, but after a moment, she just smiled, like she understood.

"I don't think an airplane was the proper place to proclaim your undying lovw for Marcy," Zayn teased, reaching over to put his arm over my shoulders. I shrugged him off and rolled my eyes, because he's bothersome. "Oh, come on, I'm only teasing."

"Whatever," I huffed, crossing my arms. I looked away and turned my nose up to the cieling of the lobby as we walked through the hotel. 

"How is she?" Zayn asked, winking devilishly. I rolled my eyes at him and jabbed him in the ribs with two fingers. "Don't be a-" Zayn cut himself when his gaze cast over AJ, who was smiling innocently up at us. "Meanie."

"You're the meanie," I retorted. I stuck out my tongue, which earned me a gasp from Zayn.

"So, I thought we could go to the fancy pool, and then we could go see an opera, and then Harry, Niall, and I were planning on golfing, so you four can do whatever you please while we're away. I wrote a list of family-friendly things that we wouldn't mind missing," Liam blabbed, running his finger over an itinerary for Sienna. 

The pool wasn't crowded or anything, and nobody really gave us any trouble. A few girls came over and we took a few awkward shirtless photos with them, but otherwise, everyone kept to themselves and took their "sneaky" phone pictures from afar. AJ asked why people were watching us, so Liam told her that they thought her swimsuit was nice and they wanted one just like it. The questions pretty much stopped after that.