The Summer Begins

The Summer Begins in which AJ's school lets out, summer begins, and Sienna and AJ join us on tour.

DADDY

"Here's the main problem with your plan, Louis," Harry said, unfolding his napkin and placing it in his lap. "You and Sienna have been on, what, eight or nine dates?"

"What's your point?" Louis said, frowning at his steak. He pushed the plate away slightly. Opposite of me, Louis can't eat a thing when he's nervous. 

"That's a pretty short time to be asking her on tour! Maybe you should just fly her and AJ out for a few dates," Zayn offered, taking a bite of his steak. He made a face at it, however, and took a swig of water.

"She's been talking non-stop about how much she wants to do something this summer! She and AJ have no work, no school, for the next three months, and you're telling me that we shouldn't invite them on tour?" Louis said, raising his eyebrow at us. "Come on! Don't be silly. They'd love it. It's not a relationship thing, not really. You guys want them on tour as much as I do."

"Yeah," Harry said, "but I'm just scared that the tour might put a strain on your relationship, it being so early in your relationship and all. I'm just looking out for you, as your Fairy Companion."

"I think I can handle it. I promise, Haz, it'll be fine," Louis said. "I'm going to ask, okay?"

"Okay," Zayn agreed. "It'll be fun having AJ on tour."

"Yeah, I think it'll be fun! Emma came on the European leg of the first tour, and things turned out great for us," I agreed. "I say you go for it."

"Yeah," Harry said, after a moment. "I think it'll be fun."

"What's taking Niall so long in the toilet?" I mumbled, swatting a fly away from his steak. Unfortunately, we were at an event, so we didn't exactly have a choice as to what we were eating. Everybody got steak and potatoes, and Niall's was getting cold.

"Maybe he's shaving his legs," Zayn offered. 

"Yes, Zayn," Harry said, nodding. "Shaving his legs. Of course. Why didn't Liam think of that?"

"Hey, it's a possibility," Zayn said, holding his hands up in surrender. "Or maybe he's on his phone again. He got re-addicted to Doodle Jump over the weekend."

"Shit," Louis moaned. "Not again. Last time, he nearly had a nervous breakdown."

"Lou, is that your phone?" Zayn asked, leaning closer. He reached across the table and picked up Louis' mobile. A mischievous grin came over his face, and he answered the call. "Hello? Oh, hey Sienna."

"Give me the phone!" Louis whined, attempting to reach over and snatch it from Zayn's hands.

"Oh, you're on your way? That's great! Yeah, we'll be there soon. We're just finishing up over here." Louis shot him a death glare, but Zayn continued. "Oh, by the way, Louis has a very important question to ask, when he sees you."

"Zayn," Louis whined, making child-like grabby-hands at the phone. 

"Where is he? Oh, he's in the bathroom, just helping Niall with his Doodle Jump addiction. I promised I'd play secretary in his absence."

"Liar!" Louis said. Zayn handed the phone over, and he clutched it as if for dear life. "Babe? Hey, hey. Yeah. Of course. No, I didn't forget. What? No. Well, not exactly an addiction. I'll explain when I see you, okay? See you soon. Bye."

"You're not saying 'I love you,' yet?" Harry asked. "You're the too-hard-too-fast type, Lou. What gives?"

"Don't want to scare her away," Louis sighed. "This is different. I have to take things slow with Sienna. She hasn't exactly had the best time with men in the past, if you hadn't noticed."