The Dancing Lasted All Night

• Dedicated to pudding

The Dancing Lasted All Night, in which the party lasts all night, AJ is so tired from dancing that she falls asleep, and it is raining.

SASSMASTER

The party was still in full swing around midnight. Harry was being pretty antisocial, although I couldn't imagine why. He and AJ retreated to the steps to eat ice cream and talk, which made me happy, because at least he was talking to someone other than Zayn.

I, on the other hand, was sweating buckets, nerves boiling over like a pot of spaghetti. Sienna went to the bathroom, and I was left with only my thoughts. We'd been dancing earlier, and she'd mentioned something about being lonely (which I felt a lot; having the lads around all the time doesn't take away from my longing for a romantic relationship). At the time, I assumed she was referring to the song lyrics, which were quite sad and lonely-sounding, but when AJ told me that Sienna fancied me, it all seemed to click.

I suppose it was the little things. Our arguments, the way she scrunches up her nose when she smiles, the way she laughs every time she scoffs at me. I loved those things about her. It sounded stupid and cheesy, but I was having a hard time keeping my mind off her. There was something hidden, though. Even after all that she'd told us, I could tell there were details that she was keeping secret, and there were reasons why. But I wanted to know. I wanted to help.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and spun around in an entire circle before I met Sienna's eyes and she stopped me by my arms. I chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of my neck. I suddenly didn't know how to act around her. I don't know what came over me; maybe it was the realization that I fancy her, or the news that she fancies me too. Maybe it was the way she looked in that dress, or that sly smile that seemed to be permanently plastered onto her face. Whatever it was, I could barely get my body to cooperate with my brain.

"Are you drunk or tired?" Sienna asked. 

I chuckled again. I probably sounded more high than anything, so I just stared at her for a moment, thinking of the appropriate response. If I told her that I was not tired or drunk, she'd probably ask why I was acting so weird, but I don't want to lie about my level of intoxication or sleepyness. 

"Nevermind," she said. "You looked like you were trying to solve a sudoku."

I chuckled again, which earned me a funny look. I rubbed the back of my neck again, searching for the right words to say. It was bad enough that Sienna was three years older than me, nevermind my low maturity level. "Wanna dance?" I spluttered. I felt my face getting hot, but Sienna nodded anyway and and we moved to an emptier part of the dance floor. 

I instantly regretted asking because under pressure like this, I'm nearly as shit a dancer as Harry, and that's saying something. It's hard to be yourself and let it go when you can hardly even talk to the person you're dancing with. In any normal situation, I would've broken out all the classic dance moves (knee slides, shopping trolley, cartwheels, and the like) but as it seemed, I was awkwardly shuffling back and forth while Sienna danced in circles around me.

It didn't help much that she was kind of rubbing against me and grinding on me, because this made me even more nervous, and I really wished I could just tell my mind to shut up; if Sienna really did fancy me and AJ wasn't just making it up, then she fancies me for who I am, not for this odd, nervous Louis who can't even dance properly.

"You okay?" she asked after a second. I nodded quickly. 

"You don't look it. You're kind of pale, too. Maybe we should get  you some water, yeah?"