The Bit with the Monkey and the Ripped Skirt

The Bit With the Monkey and the Ripped Skirt in which we leave for a while, cry a bit, and try and stay focused. (There's also a monkey and a ripped skirt, where the story apparently begins!)

BAD BOY (NOT REALLY)

"Wait, wait, let's stop here!" Louis calls out. It's pitch black out and way past AJ's bedtime, but for some reason, none of us protest. Louis throws the door open as the van comes to a stop and he gently unbuckles AJ and pulls her out of her seat.

"Lou, what are you doing?" Liam calls to him. With a sigh, he too unbuckles his seatbelt and follows the pair into the darkness, which prompts me to do the same. My eyes begin to adapt to the darkness, and I can tell by my faint vision and the smell that we're at the zoo. 

Harry shuts the door behind him and I glance over my shoulder to see him jogging to catch up. He probably had to put his shoes back on. Niall's right next to me when I turn back to face forward, which makes me jump a bit. "You know that the zoo is closed at this hour, right, mate?" I call to Louis.

"Yes, I'm aware," Lou screams back. I hear AJ giggle in his arms as they walk right up to the gate and stop, waiting for us.

"What are you waiting for?" I ask with a smirk. "Don't you have a key?"

"This is no time for sarcasm," Louis snaps. "And as a matter of fact..." he bends down, setting down AJ. Then, from inside the rolls of where he folded up his pant leg, he draws a key.

"Holy-" Niall starts to say. I reach over and cover his mouth, although I was thinking the same thing.

"Loubear, I'm tired. We've been dancing for hours... I just want to sleep," Harry whines. 

"Come on! When do we ever get to go to the zoo and not get hassled?" Louis says. "I want tonight to be extra special."

"By breaking the law?" Liam says, crossing his arms.

"It's not breaking the law! I have a key!" 

"How'd you get that key?" I ask, mocking Liam's stance and crossing my own arms. Niall yawns a bit and pulls something out of his pocket. I hear it rustle, so I assume it's a chocolate bar or something.

"A woman who works here gave it to me! As we were leaving the party! She said where to leave it so she could find it in the morning! We've got actual permission to be here. C'mon lads, we have to," Lou says. In the dark, I can't know for sure, but I assume he's pulled his puppy dog face because Liam and Harry both sigh and begin to walk again, following him as he opens a door to the left of the gates and ushers them inside. I roll my eyes and jog over, slipping through the doors with Niall right behind me. 

"Flashlight apps on!" I announce. I suppose I'm always up for an adventure. Harry whips out his phone and turns on his flashlight app, as I have. We begin to walk then, in two rows of three. AJ is holding Lou's hand with Niall standing on her left. 

"I still feel like this is a bad idea," Harry whispers. 

"You're only saying that because you're scared of the dark," Liam whispers back. 

"Am not," Harry huffs. I roll my eyes. 

"Look!" AJ exclaims, pointing ahead on the path. "Lions!" She begins to run, then, picking up major speed as she dragged Louis along behind her. I glanced at Liam before I too took off running to catch up.

"What noise does a lion make, again?" Louis wonders, tapping his chin. 

"ROAR!" AJ says, laughing.