Chapter 1

Harlows POV

The room was painted a grey colour. Making the room cold. In the top corner of the wall that I was facing you can see the paint starting to crumble off the wall. There was also a door in the middle of the wall the blinds on the door were closed as well as the window beside it. The only thing lighting up the room was the light hanging from the ceiling.

A four seater metal table sat infront of me. Two people could sit either side of the table. But right now there was two seats infront of me and one more beside me.

One was being occupied by a police officer if I remember his name was officer Parker. He looked like he was in his forties. A bit of a beer belly going on. A scruffy beard occupied his face. His dark hair made his blue eyes stand out. His mouth was moving but I wasn't paying attention.

Another police officer, I think his name was Officer Rylie. I say he is in his early thirties stood in the corner of this cold room. Observing my every move. I could tell he was starting to get frustrated but I wouldn't talk. Yes my Mother wasn't the best. But I was still going to protect her no matter what.

Roman my younger brother. I think he was sitting outside the room. While I was being investigated. I told him not to say a word.

"Think of your brother.." was the words that caught my attention. The man in the corner said. I looked at him confused but still trying to keep my cold facade up.

He smirked at me realising he had just gained my attention. "What?" I said in a confused tone. He decided to continue.

"As I was saying think about your brother. It would be awfully sad if his sister was sent to Juvie." His smirk grew bigger. My anger was starting to get the best of me now I was gonna explode any moment. 'Juvie I didn't even do anything. He is just trying to get me to talk'

Now you must be wondering how we got here. Let's backtrack a little bit before all this madness started. How about we start at this morning.

This morning...

Today was Friday. It was finally coming to the weekend.

We live in a small run down flat on the not so best side of the city. When I mean by we, I mean me, my younger brother Roman and my wonderful, hardworking mother.' Note the sarcasm.' Let's just say my mother is not the best. She is usually high as a kite and goes out for long hours, During the day to her "boyfriends".

I'm usually the one who has to take care of her and while she is throwing up in the toilet from being drunk. She tells me how "sorry" she is.

I woke up in my single bed that me and Roman share together. The flat only has two bedrooms so my mother has her room and bed. While me and Roman have to share a single bed.

Since we moved in when we were younger we could both fit in it but now since we can't afford our own bed or even a double bed we just share. At least we have eachother.

Our room is very small. Its in a rectangle shape. The walls are painted white but are nearly turning black from the mold and dirt on them. I wake up with Romans arms wrapped around me as usually we cuddle. Cause we only have eachother to comfort one another.

I slowly get out of Roman's embrace and pull the thin layer of blanket off me and pull it back over Roman. I usually wake up at six, so I can clean the house and get ready for school which starts at eight. I, myself love to sleep but sometimes we have to sacrifice things because someone has to do the cooking and cleaning.