🥀 red thread pt.1 🥀

Start from the beginning

"I'm only in middle school-" I was cut off with a hug.

"Still. Also, I know you usually have trouble, but try making a friend ok...? You could use the extra support." I smiled and hugged her back.

"Ok mom. Now I'll see you after school. Bye!"

"Bye!! Don't forget to text when you get there!!"

"I won't!"

~Bike ride skip like usual~

I put my bike in the bike rack, and stared at the humongous building in front of me, filled with anxiety.

I hate this I hate this I hate this I hate this I hate this I ha-

*THUD*

I fell to the ground.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" In front of me was a blonde haired boy with an ugly earring.

"O-Oh!! I'm really sorry!! Are you alright?!" I realized my attitude before and got embarrassed.

Be nice be nice be nice.

"Yeah... I'm fine. Sorry about earlier." I wanted to throw up for apologizing.

"No, it's completely ok! I did run into you after all..." He helped me up and I dusted off my uniform.

I noticed the boy also had a staff.

"What is that for??" I asked, pointing at it.

"Oh... I come from a family of exorcists." That.

That right there. Made me want to laugh. So. So. Bad. But. I. Couldn't. I had to be nice.

Exorcists?? PFFFFT what kind of anime does he think we're in???

"Nice..." I replied.

It was the only thing I could say without letting it out.

"I-It's find if you find it weird!! Not a lot of people believe me..." He said, embarrassed.

"It's fine. Anyways, I should head to class..." I muttered.

I don't want to get too attached just to end up getting bullied. Then again, I wouldn't want to be friends with this anime exorcist traffic earring boy anyways.

"Yeah, what's you're name by the way?" I froze.

I kind of wanted to say 'Why do you want to know?', but I knew I had to keep this fake persona thing going. I already messed up once, but I wouldn't again.

"Mitsuba... Mitsuba Sousuke..." I said quietly.

"Cool. I'm Kou Minamoto! Remember it!" He smiled.

"Sure."

That smile has to be fake. No one cares about me or my name. He just wants to butter me up and end up destroying what's barely left of my self-esteem.