chapter 3✿

"So, who were the texts from?" Luke asks me as we sit down on the chairs on the porch.

"What?" I ask him, trying to come up with a lie I could tell.

I would rather not tell him they were from 'my non trusting, overprotective, drunk, moody boyfriend who tries to control me even though he's hours away.'

"Well you seemed kinda pissed after you checked your phone inside, so I kinda figured someone was texting you that you didn't really wanna talk to."

"Oh, uh--that. That was my boyfriend."

"Wouldn't you be happy to hear from him?" He lightly chuckles.

"I usually am. He was just being a jerk so i'm assuming he's drunk." I explain further.

He nods his head. "So how long are you here for?" He changes the subject, which I was thankful for.

"Just the summer. I go back to Melbourne beginning of September."

"Oh that's cool." He says. I give him a small smile. Michael then came outside.

"May, you ready to go?" He asks me.

I thought it was still pretty early but I was fine with going home.

"Yeah, i'm ready. Nice meeting you, Luke. Tell everyone I say bye." I say as I stand up, adjusting my top and shorts, and follow Michael to his car.

"Yeah, nice meeting you too." Luke says as he waves goodbye.

We get into the car and start driving home.

"Why were you and Luke talking outside?" Michael asks me.

"Oh, we went to get more drinks from the cooler. Plus, I didn't really want to see my older brother making out with some girl right in front of me." I laugh. He laughs too.

"Sorry about that."

"So, are you two dating?" I ask.

"What? No! I can't stand her! She's annoying and such a bitch, ew no! I would never date her!" He groans.

"Luke was right." I giggle.

"What?" He cocks his head to the side.

"He told me how you and that girl-" I begin before Michael cuts me off.

"Cora. Her name's Cora."

"He told me how you and Cora, always act like you hate each other but then can't keep your hands off each other every time you're together." I say.

"Luke's an idiot." He laughs.

We get home and I go straight to my room. I check my phone to see I had multiple texts.

From Ian: r u still at the party?

From Ian: How many guys have you fucked since u got to sydney?

From Ian: Now ur ignore me? Fine bitch

From Clay: Hey, idk what Ian's texting you right now but he's piss drunk. Ignore everything he says lmfao

From Aubrey: We're all at Clay's right now. Ian's drunk out of his mind and can't stop complaining about you. Ignore whatever he says to you. He doesn't mean it. Hope you're having fun in Sydney with Michael and your Mum. Miss you x

I knew Ian was drunk. I couldn't believe how rude he was being. Actually, I could believe it because this was how he usually acted whenever he was drunk. I was surprised Clay texted me though. He's usually drunk right along with Ian. I decided to reply to their texts.