chapter 59✿

"Oh god, I hope Michael didn't hear." I groan as I cover my face with my hands.

The apartment doors aren't exactly soundproof, and if he was awake, he obviously would have heard us doing what we just did. We are currently laying on my bed, with only my bedsheets covering our bare skin. One thing had led to another and before we knew it, we were back together. Really back together.

"Do you really have to mention your brother while we're lying in bed naked?" Luke laughs.

I swat his chest. "I'm serious, Luke. I'd be mortified."

"Relax, baby. He was asleep when I left the room. He didn't hear us." Luke assures me.

I exhale in relief. "Good."

"It's not like he doesn't know we have sex, May." Luke chuckles.

I groan. "I know, but he's my brother. And your best friend. Isn't that embarrassing for you too?" I ask him.

"Not really." He shrugs. "The only thing I hate is not being able to brag to my best friend about how great my girlfriend is in bed. That would just be way too awkward." Luke jokes. "Like just imagine someone telling you about their experience having sex with your sibling." He laughs.

I shudder at the thought of Cora telling me about her and Michael. "I don't even want to think about it, Luke."

Luke runs his fingers up my arm and leans into me closer, which I didn't even know was possible seeing as how close we are to each other.

"I've missed this so much." Luke whispers in my ear.

"What? Lying naked with me?" I joke.

"Yeah. I've just missed having sex with you." He laughs as he shrugs his shoulders, obviously joking too. "No, i've missed this―us. My life is so different without you. And not a good different."

I smile as I lean up to kiss him.

"Same here." I say as I lean my forehead against his.

I really have missed this, so much. Being with Luke makes me feel whole. As cliché as it may sound, Luke really was my other half. I wasn't me without him.

"Promise me something, okay?" I say as I sit up on my bed.

Luke supports his body on his forearms as he looks up at me. "Anything, baby."

"Or else this relationship will never work." I tell him.

"What is it?"

"Promise me that this it. This is how it's always going to be. No more breakups. I can't take it anymore Luke. I meant that when I said it to you weeks ago, I can't take the pain anymore. So promise me that all these lies, secrets, and drama will end."

He leans over to me and plants a kiss on my neck. "I promise." He says into my skin.

He leaves kisses on my neck and trails upwards until his lips meet mine. I part my lips for him to enter my mouth, but he pulls away all too soon.

I whimper quietly at the loss of contact.

"Besides," He starts as he lays his head back onto the pillow, "Brooke has nothing to try and pull now. She probably had that video and that stupid plan for months. But it didn't work. Nothing can tear us apart, it's time people finally started to realize that."

"You're right. I'm done with all of those people. Brooke and her group, they're all assholes." I huff.

"Travis included." Luke says.