chapter 61✿

I walk out of Luke's bedroom and down the stairs. I awkwardly walk into the kitchen, still embarrassed over what happened just minutes ago. I see Luke and Liz hugging, and I smile at the sight. Luke has really missed his mum. She was only supposed to be gone for a week, but then she kept extending her stay.

Liz sees me and smiles as she pulls away from Luke.

"May! It's so nice to see you!" She says as she comes over to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"Sorry about before, I should have knocked." She says quietly, just so that I can hear.

I was really hoping she wasn't going to mention it. I'm completely mortified that my boyfriend's mother walked in on us having sex.

"I'm so sorry about um..that." I say uncomfortably as we pull away from the hug.

I'm not sorry for what we were doing, but i'm just sorry that she had to witness it.

"So what are you doing home, mum?" Luke asks.

"What, not happy to see me?" Liz teases.

"You know I am. I just thought you weren't going to be home for at least another month."

"I just decided i'd come home early. I've missed you so much, Lukey." She smiles.

I bite my lip to hold in my giggle at the nickname. I've never heard Luke get called that before. From the expression on his face, I can tell he never wanted me to hear him be called that.

"Mom." He groans.

"Oh, i'm sorry. I've just missed you so much!" She says.

Luke and his mother definitely need some time to catch up. I don't think I should stay around.

"I'm gonna head out. It was so good to see you Liz." I smile at her.

"You too, dear!"

"I'll walk you out." Luke says.

He walks towards me and puts his hand on the small of my back before walking me towards the door.

"I'm surprised your mother doesn't hate me now." I say as I lean my head onto Luke's chest.

"Why would she hate you?"

"Because of what she walked in on..."

Luke chuckles. "May she walked in on us having sex, not you murdering me. She's not going to hate you for fucking her son. She already knows you do."

I roll my eyes. "Just call me later, okay?"

"Can't I come over?" Luke asks.

"Yeah of course you can. I just thought you'd want to spend time with your mum since you haven't seen her in months." I explain.

"I will spend time with her, during the day. I'll be over tonight, so you and I can finish what we started upstairs." Luke says, whispering the last part in my ear.

His hot breath on my skin makes me want him even more. But I know I can't do anything about that right now, unfortunately.

"See you tonight, Lukey." I tease as I leave the house.

-

"No way!" Cora doubles over in laughter.

"It's not funny!" I whine.

Once I got home I called Cora and invited her over. Michael's at Calum's, and Luke's with his mum, and I didn't want to be alone. Which is strange, seeing as I usually just want to be left alone. But Luke changes those kind of things about me. He makes me...happy.