chapter 65✿

"Have you talked to Michael about everything?" I ask Luke.

We were currently lying on Luke's bed watching The 100. I had spent the last ten minutes going on and on about how attractive I think Bellamy is, but Luke just kept rolling his eyes.

"The last time I talked to Michael was when he called me after I walked out of your apartment." Luke tells me.

I've been so caught up in how i'm going to handle Luke moving, that I forgot that Michael is losing him too. Michael has known Luke for years, I can only imagine how much he is going to miss him.

"I think you should go talk to him."

Luke sighs as he pauses the show. "I don't know what to say to him. He's been my best friend since year ten. Since the day he started at our school we were best friends. How am I supposed to just look at him and tell him i'm moving halfway across the world?"

"The same way you told me. Come on Luke, how do you think he feels? He saw you leave our apartment and then when he called you, all you said to him was that we broke up because you're moving to England with your mum. Imagine how he's feeling right now. You need to go talk to him and explain everything." I tell him.

"He's gonna be really mad." Luke says quietly. 

"He's not going to be mad, he's going to be sad. And that's normal. But you need to talk to him." 

"Okay." Luke says as he takes the show off pause.

I look up at him and then back down at the laptop as I pause it again. He looks at me with a confused look, and then a look of realization washes over his face.

"Oh did you mean now?" Luke asks.

"Yeah." I laugh as I roll my eyes.

He sighs as he shuts the laptop screen and stands up from his bed. He takes off his shorts and slides on his black skinny jeans.

"You're going to come with me right?" He asks. 

I nod my head. "Yeah, only because it's my apartment you're going to. But you're talking to Michael by yourself."

He nods as he takes my hand in his and we walk downstairs. 

"Don't you have to tell your mom we're leaving?" I ask.

"No, she's been on skype for hours with Vince. She won't even notice we're gone." Luke laughs as he opens the front door. 

I really am happy that Liz found someone. She deserves to be happy, especially after everything Luke's father put her through.

-

We pull into the driveway of my apartment building and get out of the car. We walk inside and take the elevator up to my floor.

I open the door to my apartment but it is absolutely silent. Maybe Michael isn't home.

"Mikey?" I call. 

No answer. I see his bedroom door shut, maybe he's in there. I walk over and knock on his door, but it opens on it's own since he didn't shut it fully.

"Thank you so much. Bye." Michael says as he hangs up his phone. 

"Hey." I smile.

"Hey." He says as he puts his phone in his pocket.

"Who were you on the phone with?" I ask.

"Huh? Oh, nobody. What's up?" 

"Luke's here to talk to you." I explain.