chapter 77✿

3 months later

"What about this one?" I ask as I open the door of the change room in what is probably the twentieth dress shop Luke and I have been in today. 

"Beautiful." Luke groans, not even bothering to look up from his phone.

I sigh as I look in the mirror, adjusting the short blue dress on my body. I felt bad that Luke was bored out of his mind, and I felt bad that i'm being so indecisive over a dress but, I just want to find the perfect dress for prom. Luke and I almost weren't even going to go seeing as Luke has some history with the people there and I hate just about everyone. But we decided that no one should stop us from going to the only prom i'll ever have. 

"Luke, you can go home if you want. I know this is really boring for you." I tell him as I go back into the change room and try on a long black low cut dress.

"I'm sorry, baby. Couldn't you have just asked Caroline to come with you?" He asks me.

Caroline and I have become very close since Cora moved to America. I needed a girl friend to talk to, and Caroline is amazing. She's such a great friend, I just can't believe now i'm going to have another person I have to say good bye to.

"Her brother came home from the Army yesterday so she's spending time with him before he goes back in a couple days." I explain.

"You do realize that prom is tomorrow night right? I don't know why you waited until today to get a dress." Luke groans.

"I couldn't find any. Besides, everyone that goes to my school bought theirs at the only dress shop around town, so that's why we had to come out here." I say, referring to how we drove an hour away just to buy my dress.

I open the change room door and stand in front of Luke.

"Okay, what about this one?" 

Luke looks up at me and his eyes widen slightly.

"Holy shit." Luke breathes.

I giggle and look down. 

"That's the one. Get that one, May." He says.

"Are you just saying that so that we can leave?" I laugh.

Luke's face turns to serious as he stands up and walks quickly towards me, standing extremely close.

"You look so fucking sexy in that dress, May." He says quietly. 

He takes a step closer and I take a step back. We continue this until My back is pressed up against the back wall of the change room. Luke presses his lips against my neck and trails kisses up towards my jawline.

"L-luke, not here." I say through my breath.

"Why not? It'll be hot." I feel him smirk against my skin.

I collect myself and shove him off of me slightly. "I'm serious, out." 

Luke smacks my bum before laughing and leaving the change room. I close the door behind him and quickly change back into my other clothes. I take the dress in my hands and leave the change room.

"Let me just go pay." I say to Luke.

We walk up to the cash register and I put the dress on the counter.

"That'll be five-fifty-five." The older woman says.

Five hundred and fifty five dollars? I had no idea the dress was that much. I was thinking it would be maximum three hundred. I can't afford five.

"It'll be debit." Luke says.

I turn my head and look at him. "Luke you're not paying for my dress." I say sternly.