chapter 62✿

"W-what do you mean you're moving? You're kidding right?" I ask, in hopes that he is. But by the look on his face, I don't think that's the case.

He shakes his head. "I wish I was."

I take his hand and lead him inside the apartment. We walk straight to my bedroom without saying anything to anyone. They don't say hi either. Which is either because they are too into the game, or because they see the serious looks on both our faces.

I close my door and we both walk over to my bed, sitting cross legged on it. My heart has never beaten so fast in my life. What is Luke talking about? He can't possibly be moving. We're finally at such a good place, how could he just move?

"What do you mean you're moving?" I ask again.

"My uh-my mom. She said that the reason she was away for so many months was because she met a guy near where my brothers live. His name is Vince. And they've been dating for a while. Apparently things are really serious and they want to move in together." He explains.

"Okay, so how far are you moving then? I can come see you on weekends and then Michael and I can move out wherever you are once I finish school."

"I can't ask you both to change your lives around. Michael shouldn't have to leave all of his friends behind." Luke says.

"Okay then he can stay here. I'll move out to you when I finish school. Luke we can figure this out." I say desperately.

I wouldn't like to live apart from my brother, but I can't be without Luke. Michael could move with us if he wants to but if not, that won't stop me. Not anymore.

"It's not that easy." He says.

I furrow my eyebrows. What does he mean not that easy?

"What do you mean? How far could it be? An hour? Two? We can drive down every weekend to see Michael, everything will work out and-"

"I'm moving to England, May." He blurts out.

I involuntarily gasp.

"What the fuck do you mean England?!" I scream.

"Baby, calm down." He tries to say calmly.

"Don't tell me to calm down! What the fuck do you mean England? How could you move all the way across the freaking world!?" I yell.

"The guy she met was on a work related trip here for six months, but he lives back in England. He's the dean of Oxford, and he said with my grades he can get me in no problem. May, Oxford is one of the greatest schools in the world." Luke explains.

I honestly can't believe what I am hearing right now. Is Luke actually telling me he's moving across the world?

"Wha-I don't-I can't-what do you mean? This can't be happening." I stutter, tears falling from my eyes.

"You know I would choose you over school in a heartbeat, that's not the reason i'm going. Oxford is just an added part of this whole thing. I have to go to be with my mum. She's with someone, May. do you know how long she's been alone? Too long. She's happy."

"What? No! Don't go! Stay here!" I say.

"May, I have to go. My dad walked out on her and started a whole new family, and my brothers started lives of their own. I'm all she has."

I stand up from the bed. "No, she has Vince now." I say, practically spitting his name.

I don't know this man, but I hate him. I hate him for taking away the person that means everything to me. This man is ruining my life, and he doesn't even know it.