Chapter 10 - Please forgive me |Olivia

Maybe I didn't deal with Ella outing my virginity status to Dax in the best way. I am fairly satisfied with my actions towards Ella but I should man up and deal with Dax, he did nothing wrong. Ella I will continue to ignore, she can beg some more but when Dax texted and asked for forgiveness I broke apart a bit. He has nothing to ask for forgiveness about, at least not from Saturday night.

Since it is Monday today I could not stay in bed all day like yesterday, I have classes to attend but luckily for me I finish my classes an hour earlier than Dax so my master plan for today is bribing him with food and telling him I am sorry. My plan felt waterproof this morning but now that I am standing outside the science building, with sandwiches in my bag, waiting for him to exit I am not so confident anymore.

I spot him walking out and take a second to look him over. He looks sad and tired walking with slumped shoulders. I know he has a lot on his shoulders and me ignoring his text doesn't exactly make it any less. I should have texted him that I was okay and not mad at him, just Ella.

"Dax" I call over so he will see that I am here and he immediately spots me. He turns toward where I am standing and with a few strides reaches me. He looks relieved to see me and at least some of the discomfort leaves his tight face.

"I brought food.." I lift my bag to show him before I continue ".. care to hear me out?"

"Of course" he says and I lead him over to where there is a bench and we sit down. I hand him a sandwich and he looks at me with a warm smile.

"Ella once said that the way to bride you is through your stomach, I'm hoping it works the same with apologizing" I try to joke but it falls kind of flat with no real passion behind it.

"I will forgive anything when you come with gourmet sandwiches like this, and I mean ANYTHING, but there is nothing to forgive, I am the one making you feel uncomfortable Saturday"

"Good to know, but you are wrong, Ella was the one making me leave and she had no right to say what she did. But to be clear, I am not apologizing for being a virgin, I want to say sorry for ditching you like that and especially or not responding to your texts yesterday, that was just plain rude of me"

"Water under the bridge, princess" he looks at me with a teasing grin and I raise my hand at him in a playful manner, following along on his lead.

"This time, I will let it slide" I am in no position to be mad at him calling me that and I know he didn't do it to make fun of me, like in the past, just teasing.

We sit in silence for a minute but I can sense he wants to ask something. Finally he musters up the courage and asks his question "I don't mean to offend you but can I ask why you have never done it?" of course that is where his thoughts are at.

"I told you my dad is a football coach, when he is the coach at your own highschool no one wants to date you" unfortunately that is the honest truth. No guy even dared to touch me, I even went to the senior dance without a date because dad had scared them all away.

"It cannot have been that bad, coach Valerian is like the scariest coach I have met and your dad can't be worse. I would definitely have gone out with you" I laugh at his effort to be of comfort and the irony at it all.

"He is pretty close to coach's level I think" I feel bad for this outright lie to him so up his face but I have to swallow the shame that momentarily crosses me.

"Oh, then I take the going out with you part back I guess, that dude is scary and I certainly don't want to be the one dating his precious daughter, that would be a nightmare" he lets out a small laugh with his last words. That small shame I felt just seconds ago grows into a full on stone in my stomach. Maybe I should come clean about my lie, I know dad is livid with me seeing Dax so maybe this has served its purpose.