Chapter 5 - What have I gotten myself into? | Olivia

This day is definitely not going on my top 5 list over great days. It started fairly well with an early morning to get to the bus and travelling to our opponents school. I got some work done on the bus and even chatted with some of the players. The atmosphere was contagious and soon enough I was absolutely pumped. And the best of all was that I successfully avoided Dax the whole ride.

Growing up with a coach as a father I know way too much about the game. I was always dragged to all the games but it wasn't until my senior year in high school I really started to enjoy the game. Here at MSU I made it a tradition to always attend home games and sometimes I even dragged myself to the away game, depending on the distance.

But what happened today in the locker room I have to blame on the buzz in air. It made me stop using my brain and apparently desperate to do anything. When Dax cornered me right before the game was about to start, I was taken back by his determination and I really appreciate his attempt to apologize. But to be fair, he has had a whole year to apologize and he needs to be more convincing if I am going to let him off the hook after all this time.

When dad spotted us I could see it clear as day, the anger when he thought we were making out and at that moment the only thing I thought about was revenge. I have not been able to forgive my dad for what he did last year to Ella and right then and there it felt like a fantastic idea to make him think me and Dax are a couple. I know that Dax does not place high on his list of favorite people and I wanted to take advantage of that.

I saw an opportunity to make him pay and I shamelessly took it. Now I am not so sure about it anymore but if I give up now, dad will know that it was all a hoax and be beyond pissed. The only reasonable thing to do now is get Dax onboard with the plan but I am definitely not telling him that coach is my dad. I am one hundred percent sure he will run the other way if told him, probably straight to dad and confess everything to get in his good graces. Everyone knows it is a bad idea to get involved with anyone from the coach's family if you want to keep your spot on the team.

No, I have to come up with something else and even though I had the whole game on me to think of something, I come up empty.

The bus starts filling with players and I know I will soon have to explain myself to Dax. I don't know what it is with him but whenever I am around him he brings these feelings out of me, making me react in a ways I am not used to.

I spot him entering the bus looking exhausted. He had a really rough second period filled with a few hard hits and a lot of running but it must have been worth it because we ended up with the big W.

He looks up and spots me in the back and starts moving towards me. I must admit he looks really good, freshly showered and pumped up on the adrenaline from the game. He moves along the aisle with a swagger to his step, like he knows he did great out there on the field. He gives me a quick nod and sits down beside me and I am hit with the smell of smoky wood and oranges again and my eyes travel straight to his lips.

"Now, spill it princess" he pulls me back to reality and I look up from his kissable mouth and see a smug grin displayed. He must have caught me staring at his lips and I straightened my spine a bit instead of shrinking away from embarrassment in hopes of fooling him to not think I was thinking nothing wrong.

"I really hate when you use that name" I have never liked nicknames, 'Liv' is as far as I am willing to go.

"Too bad, should have thought of it before you decided to call me 'boyfriend'" he puts me on the spot with his words.

"Touché, well played" I confess to him but I still don't say anything about the elephant in the room.

"You owe me an explanation, you really have put me on the spot here, coach already hates me and I know I walk on a fine line. After your stunt I am not so sure coach wont kick me out"