Chapter 8 - Embarrassing news | Olivia

"I thought you had to be down on the field snapping pictures?" Ella asks as we are walking to our seats. We are sitting right behind the bench with a perfect view over the field.

"No, today I am just snapping some videos and I do that much better from up here" I explain to her and she nods in understanding. My plan for this game is to take some videos to engage the viewer more, preferably something with lots of touchdowns.

Everything is going according to plan and I am really happy with the response we are getting from our media presence, I really think I am going to nail this project. I just have to figure out how to solve the other plan involving me and Dax.

"Oh by the way, Mac showed me the pictures you sent him the other day, they look awesome Liv!" A small blush creeps up my cheeks at her praise. It is always nice to hear praise about my photography because it has a special place in my heart.

"Have you ever thought about going into photography instead?" Mariam asks and it is a fair question.

"No, I love taking photos and it is a great stress relief and I want it to stay that way and that is only possible if it stays as a hobby" I explain and they both nod at my answer.

We take our seats and make it comfortable, dividing snacks between us on routine. The boys came out a few minutes ago and the people on the stand are cheering and clapping. I must admit it feels good to be back out here, enjoying the game on the stand with all our supporters. Last few games I have spent down on the sideline taking pictures for my posts and I miss this. It is awesome to be down there but I preferred it up here.

"I think loverboy is trying to contact you" Mariam says beside me and I nudge Ella by reflex, Mac usually has no problem finding her among the crowd. I go back to my popcorn and try to find all the buttered up pieces. I fill my hand with popcorn and at the exact moment I fill my mouth with the Ella pulls my sweater, making me miss my mouth, probably looking like a damn fool.

"Liv, I think this one is for you" she says and my attention travels to where she is pointing.

Down there on the field Dax is looking impatient, arms crossed and stomping his foot like he has waited forever. I give him a good once over and I must say he looks amazing in his gear and tattoos peeking out on his arms. I have to admit that it has been a fantasy for long to find a fine male specimen and then pick off his gear, piece by piece. I know I am not going to do that with him, but a girl can always fantasize.

When my gaze finally reaches his eyes his lips turn into a smug grin and I realize he knew I was checking him out. I have never been good at hiding my feelings so my thoughts are probably written all over my face. He pretends to throw a kiss my way and I can feel my cheeks start changing color. This time I don't think I will be able to hold the embarrassment off.

He looks at me expectantly but I shake my head no, I am not going to throw him a kiss from here, that is so high school, I think. When he realizes I am not going to do it he holds his heart like it is wounded and then puts his hand together in a begging motion which makes me laugh. I didn't know Dax had this silly side to him and I must say I like it, it is embarrassing right now, but I still like this side to him.

I settle for a quick kiss in the air but I am not doing the throwing motion. I slough down in my spot and hide my face in my hands. I am not used to this kind of attention and I don't really know how to handle it.

"Oh my god, is that a blush on your cheeks?" Ella says loud enough for Mariam to pick up on it "you're right, I never thought I would live to see this day".

"Shush!" I say, even more embarrassed at being caught, to them.

"Ehm.. I don't know what the big fuss is about, it's just Dax" unfortunately Ella's words do not comfort me. I am way out of my element here.