Chapter 16 - Oh shit | Olivia

This must be what it feels like hitting rock bottom. I don't know how it all went to hell so quick or maybe I do, it was that damn lies fault. If only I could go back in time and erase it from ever existing, everything would be fine right now.

I get that Dax is furious with me and ignoring any attempts from me to make contact but Ella's and Mariam's silence and ignorance is making it all worse. I don't even have my two best friends with me on this one.

It did not go well during that horrible game three days ago when everything went to shit. I did not predict Ella's hurtful reaction and I don't ever think I will be able to forget that conversation with them.

"So guys, I have to tell you something" I start my confession with. Ella is still looking down worried to the field.

"Why is Dax not playing?" she asks and I look down and see that indeed he is sitting on the bench.

"Maybe he needs to cool down or something. I'm sure dad has a good reason for it" I say nervously. Finally Mariam notices my nervously moving my hands everywhere and she looks at me with kind eyes.

"What's wrong honey? Is everything okay between you and Dax?" she asks kindly and gives me an encouraging pat on my shoulder.

"We are perfect but there's something I have been hiding from you guys and I need to explain myself" I say and at that, Ella's attention turns towards me.

"What are you talking about, you're not pregnant are you?" she suddenly squeals and I am quick to tell them no and they both let out a breath they were holding.

"It's nothing like that, you remember when me and Dax came out as a couple?" I ask them and they both say yes sounding confused. I don't really know how I am telling them but I guess that it's best to go with the ugly truth.

"A few days before that dad caught me and Dax talking before a game and he thought we were making out and I led him to believe that and an idea came to me"

"I'm sorry but I don't think I am following you here" Ella says but she lets me continue anyway after voicing her confusion.

"That day was the day I convinced Dax to be my fake boyfriend" they both stay silent, processing my words.

Mariam is eventually the first one to regain her speech "What the fuck?!" she says and Ella soon follows in what I think is some swedish swear words.

"You heard right but we are not fake anymore! Last night we decided to make this a real one" I say hurridley so they know that we are for real now.

Ella doesn't look impressed and actually they both look hurt at me. Ella then says "and Dax is in on this?" and I nod my head up and down in a yes.

"I don't get it, why would Dax risk his football career by going out with you for fake,don't get me wrong, you are wonderful but he has a lot to lose on this for something fake" she asks and before I have time to answer her Ella voices her question.

"But you hated him, why him?" she asks and I swallow hard.

This is the hard part that I know they are not going to like but I remind myself that they are my best friends.

"He doesn't know about dad and me" I confess and they both burst out in a loud "WHAT?!".

Many people around us turn their heads at the sound coming from us but quickly returns their focus back at the game.

"I said my dad found us in the hallway, he thought we were making out and I didn't exactly deny it and when I saw how hurt he was by it I convinced Dax to be my fake boyfriend"

"But why would he do that?"

"I told him my grade was at risk" I confess and they both look at me with disgust.

"Why the hell would you do that and to Dax out of all people?!" Mariam asks and Ella joins in defending Dax's honour "What have Dax done to deserve being treated like that and how dare you put him on the line like that?!" I can hear the anger in her voice.

I think I have never heard Ella like this, going all moma-bear on Dax and defending him.

"I did it for you Ells, I had to teach my dad a lesson after last year what he did to you!" I say.

"What are you talking about?!" She yells confused.

"With you and Mac, he cannot be off the hook that easily!" I yell back at her.

"How dare you blame this on me! I let go of the second Mac and I was back together. The only one you did this for was yourself and your own selfish way of wanting to punish your dad and don't you dare blame this on me!".

That was the last thing she said to me three days ago and since I have been unable to get ahold of her I am worried she won't forgive me. She has been ignoring all my attempts at contact and even when I showed up with chinese at the apartment she sent Mac to tell me she didn't want to see me.

Mariam is not as mad at me and more disappointed. She has responded to some of my texts but only to tell me she isn't ready to talk to me.

But even though I am ghosted by my two best friends the thing that hurts the most is imagining how awful Dax must have felt when he found out.

I swear to God I had the intention of telling him sunday, I was going to bring him home and properly introduce him to dad.

I know I need to fix this but I don't know how. It feels like someone stole all my energy and strength when Dax left me there in the corridor. I broke down in a sobbing mess and I don't even remember how I got myself back to my room where I continued the sob fest.

All day Sunday I spent in my room calling and texting Dax and apologizing. I cried myself to sleep that day.

Yesterday I had classes to get to and by judging on the look from my classmates and the ones I met in the hallway I probably looked like a zombie.

I did my best at concentrating and then I got back to my room and once again tried to get ahold of Dax. When I realized that he was still ignoring my calls and texts I tried to get a hold of Mariam or Ella instead.

Of course they both also still ignored me.

I know I have gotten myself in this mess alone and therefore I need to get out of it alone but right now it really sucks being an adult and having to clean your own mess.

Today I left class with a small spark of energy thinking that I need to come up with a plan if I ever hope to get Dax back.

And then there's this thing I have to mend between me and Ella and Mariam and I know I need to fix that if I am having any shot at Dax.