Chapter 21 - Here goes everything | Olivia

"What are you doing here?!" Never have such few words hold so much impact. Mariam so far beyond pleased about me popping up like this during their dinner and the anger is building up in both Ella's and her eyes.

Even though we are in a full restaurant everything seems to stop and I swear I could have heard a pin drop but I know that's all in my head. All the other guests continue their dinner and pay me no attention at all.

I have a suspicion that Tyreek and Dom are eagerly watching from our both but I don't dare to turn around.

"I thought we could talk?" I say in a shaky breath that doesn't even sound like me. I don't know when the strong and determined Olivia disappeared and left this scared shell of my former self.

"I don't have anything to say and neither does she" Mariam nods towards Ella who can't even look at me. She is staring down at her hands like they are the most fascinating thing on earth right now.

"Please?" I surprise myself with saying, I never ever thought I would be begging my best friends for a chance to explain myself.They are supposed to be my support.

"I want to clear things up.."

"Oh, you mean how you have been lying to us and hurt Dax and now you have the stomach to move on like he meant nothing?! You know I was thinking that maybe I was being stubborn by not letting you explain, after all those texts about how you love him and then finding another athlete in two seconds flat to replace him.. It's disgusting!" Ella yells out and completely pours her heart out making the people around us turn their heads.

She has never been a fan of making a scene so this kind of outburst is highly uncomfortable for her and she shrinks down in her seat once she notices their neighbors attention.

"I'm so sick of this, if you let me explain I can correct this whole mess!" I answer her and feel a small fire in me spurs me to stand my ground. I know that this is my chance to fix this with my two best friends and if I let this opportunity go I don't think I can fix this.

"Haven't you done enough?" Mariam's snarky voice says and I can't help it and roll my eyes at them. Why do they have to be so fucking stuborn right now?!

"Oh my god! You are being impossible, no I haven't found a "new athlete" and the fact that you guys think that of me is unfair. My two best friends happened to abandon me and Tyreek, who happens to be an old friend, was the only one who was there for me!" I look at them and I think I spot a flash on regret in Ella's eyes. Mariam's pokerface is in full swing and I can't make out her thoughts but at least Ella looks uncomfortable.

"I do love Dax, he is the best thing that happened to me but I don't know how to fix it. I'm worried sick about him, last time I saw him he didn't look like himself but he won't let me come near him" I confess and a lone tear falls down my cheek at my admission that he won't let me near him. My heart breaks a little bit all over again everytime I think about it.

"Why should I believe you this mess that you have created? Why should I believe you after you have been parading that guy all over campus?" Mariam is quick to ask.

"I haven't been parading him around and beides it's just stupid to think that about me and Tyreek"

"Why is that?" Ella finally finds her voice again and asks between heavy breaths. She is probably trying to calm herself from having a panic attack.

"He's gay!" I almost yell out but at the last second lowers my tone so only they can hear. I know Tyreek is technically out of the closet but he is kind of the down low with that fact because he is such a high profiled athlete at the school.